How to remove LinkSwift – Adware removal instructions
The LinkSwift virus (also found as the Link Swift virus; though not technically a computer virus) is malware categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that changes existing internet browser settings of popular Internet Browses including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, and displays unwanted advertisements including LinkSwift pop-up ads, banner ads, in-text ads, and more.
LinkSwift adware installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to the previously mentioned Internet Browsers as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension. Once LinkSwift malware is installed it starts to change browser settings and cause further problems for computer and internet users.
LinkSwift generates unwanted advertisements that can usually be identified by text that says “Ads by LinkSwift.” LinkSwift advertisements often pop-up on the bottom right of an open browser window or task bar, and may claim to contain coupons. In some cases LinkSwift will highlight certain text and when users hover over the linked text an unwanted advertisement will appear.
LinkSwift adware is also very intruding and will collect all computer activity and information about every website visited. Information collected includes your name, home address, telephone number, email address, and more. Victims of this particular malware infection have complained of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers often relating to recent internet browsing activity. For example if you recently searched for a new iphone, you may receive email spam relating to iphone deals and offers.
The LinkSwift virus and related third-party malware may collect and distribute extremely sensitive information users manually submit into online forms including bank account credentials and credit card information. In rare cases, victims of the LinkSwift hijacker are at risk of credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and other crimes.
How does LinkSwift adware get onto a computer?
LinkSwift adware can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of questionable websites; however most complain that LinkSwift or software used to promote unwanted advertisements installed without consent.
In most cases LinkSwift bundles with suspicious third-party freeware and shareware.s. Users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install LinkSwift adware, but the request to deny the installation is often ignored.
How to remove the LinkSwift virus
- Automatically remove LinkSwift adware - Scan for and automatically remove LinkSwift and third-party malware
- Manually remove LinkSwift adware - Remove/Uninstall LinkSwift promoted software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic LinkSwift virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove LinkSwift adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall LinkSwift adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall LinkSwift and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for LinkSwift, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual LinkSwift virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall LinkSwift adware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall LinkSwift adware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for LinkSwift and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove LinkSwift add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove LinkSwift add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the LinkSwift extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the LinkSwift add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the LinkSwift add-on and remove it if located.