How to remove iLivid (Virus Removal Guide)
What is iLivid?
The iLivid virus is a term for a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the browser hijacker category of computer infections. Ilivid products (iLividNewTab, iLivid Download Manager) are known to cause internet browsers to start up on and redirect to ilivid.com, search.ilivid.com, start.ilivid.com, home.ilivid.com, and other web pages associated with the ilivid.com domain, as well as third-party search engines such as Delta Search and especially Searchnu. According to security experts, Ilivid software bundles with additional browser attachments, including add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars without consent of the computer user, through the free iLivid Download Manager may allow users to opt out of installing software alongside their products, the unwanted software and browser attachments install without permission anyways.
The iLivid virus modifies internet browser settings without permission of the computer user, including the home page and default search engine, causing internet browsers to start up on ilivid.com websites, and redirect to ilivid.com and third-party websites when the user attempts to search or direct to specific URLs utilizizing the browser’s address bar.
Though the iLivid virus may be annoying for many computer users and internet users who simply want to download and use useful software, the iLivid virus has not been reported to additiionaly spread severe forms of malware and computer viruses.
Many internet users claim that the methods used by iLivid.com and their associates are unethical. It’s true, iLivid engages in targeting and entrapping unsuspecting internet users to theirs and third party terms (sponsors) without direct consent. This is seen as a very unsafe tactic as the internet and iLivid product user is unaware of terms against them, which may easily invade their privacy and cause further complications.
If you are infected with the iLivid virus, completely remove iLivid malware, including the iLivid Toolbar, iLivid Media Player, and iLivid Download Manager, as well as third-party software that may be causing complications and issues using the free iLivid removal instructions provided in this article.
How does the iLivid virus infect a computer?
iLivid software is categorized as freeware, because iLivid software can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from ilivid.com and other unethical software distrubution websites such as download.com. iLivid offers products such as an iLivid Free Download Manager, iLivid Toolbar, iLivid Community Toolbar, iLivid Media Player, and others that claim to allow users to watch instant videos, find changles, and download files from popular sites, and more.
Though iLivid can be manually installed, iLivid primarily bundles with third party software including freeware, shareware, torrents, and especially media codecs… and essentially media based software.
Is iLivid safe, iLivid spyware?
iLivid is not safe to download and use for reasons concerning the invasion of privacy and is often referred to as iLivid spyware. iLivid collects information via tracking cookies and manually submitted information to third-parties and associated websites even though the computer user did not authorize the collection, nor have knowledge of such occurrences. This may cause users to become part of a marketing list without consent, receive spam emails, receive phishing attempts via telephone, and more. Furthermore, the iLivid virus primarily bundles with unwanted software and installs to computers without consent while participating in very unethical tactics.
How to remove iLivid
- Step 1: Remove iLivid browser attachments
- Step 2: Uninstall iLivid programs
- Step 3: Scan your computer for iLivid malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove iLivid browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the iLivid extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the iLivid add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the iLivid add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.
Step 2: Uninstall iLivid programs
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.