What is iLivid (iLivid virus – Malware)?
iLivid virus is a term for malware, categorized as a browser hijacker and spyware (iLivid Spyware), that causes internet browsers to start up on and redirect to
ilivid.com, search.ilivid.com, start.ilivid.com, home.ilivid.com, and other web pages associated with the Ilivid.com domain, as well as unwanted third-party search engines such as Delta Search and especially Searchnu. Ilivid’s Download Manager claims to be the new generation of Download Managers that users can use to experience faster downloading and immediate viewing. According to experts, the truth is Ilivid software installs additional browser attachments, including add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars without consent of the computer user, through the free iLivid Download Manager may allow users to opt out of installing software alongside their products, the unwanted software and browser attachments install without permission anyways. These unwanted software and BHOs associated with the Ilivid virus include third-party malware such as adware and spyware. For example, Text Enhance adware.
The iLivid virus modifies internet browser settings without permission of the computer user, including the home page and default search engine, causing internet browsers to start up on ilivid.com websites, and redirect to ilivid.com and third-party websites when the user attempts to search or direct to specific URLs utilizizing the browser’s address bar.
Though the iLivid virus may be annoying for many computer users and internet users who simply want to download and use useful software, the iLivid virus has not been reported to additiionaly spread severe forms of malware and computer viruses.
Many internet users claim that the methods used by iLivid.com and their associates are unethical. It’s true, iLivid engages in targeting and entrapping unsuspecting internet users to theirs and third party terms (sponsors) without direct consent. This is seen as a very unsafe tactic as the internet and iLivid product user is unaware of terms against them, which may easily invade their privacy and cause further complications.
If you are infected with the iLivid virus, completely remove iLivid malware, including the iLivid Toolbar, iLivid Media Player, and iLivid Download Manager, as well as third-party software that may be causing complications and issues using the free iLivid removal instructions provided in this article.
How does the iLivid virus infect a computer?
iLivid software is categorized as freeware, because iLivid software can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from ilivid.com and other unethical software distrubution websites such as download.com. iLivid offers products such as an iLivid Free Download Manager, iLivid Toolbar, iLivid Community Toolbar, iLivid Media Player, and others that claim to allow users to watch instant videos, find changles, and download files from popular sites, and more.
Though iLivid can be manually installed, iLivid primarily bundles with third party software including freeware, shareware, torrents, and especially media codecs… and essentially media based software.
Is iLivid safe, iLivid spyware?
iLivid is not safe to download and use for reasons concerning the invasion of privacy and is often referred to as iLivid spyware. iLivid collects information via tracking cookies and manually submitted information to third-parties and associated websites even though the computer user did not authorize the collection, nor have knowledge of such occurrences. This may cause users to become part of a marketing list without consent, receive spam emails, receive phishing attempts via telephone, and more. Furthermore, the iLivid virus primarily bundles with unwanted software and installs to computers without consent while participating in very unethical tactics.
How to remove iLivid malware (iLivid virus)
- Automatically remove iLivid – Use reputable software to remove iLivid malware and repair browser settings if needed.
- Manually remove iLivid – Use general procedures to uninstall iLivid and remove relating malware.
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic iLivid removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove iLivid and third-party malware, as well as automatically repair internet browser settings if needed.
If needed the software below can uninstall stubborn iLivid software.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is over, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or uninstall pesky iLivid software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall iLivid, navigate to the Uninstall tab. Please keep in mind iLivid has a variety of software and utilizes a variety of third-party software that should also be uninstalled.
2. Manual iLivid removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall iLivid malware and remove the iLivid add-on and extension using generic procedures, as well as third-party software and browser attachments.
How to uninstall Add Lyrics malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for iLivid software (and additional third party malware). To uninstall the iLivid software, double click the program or highlight the software in the list of programs and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove iLivid add-on & extension
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the iLivid extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
3. Follow any Uninstall instructions.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the iLivid add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the iLivid add-on and remove it if located.
Manually repair internet browser settings:
To stop redirecting to iLivid.com please visit the tutorial below: