The firstname.lastname@example.org virus is a term used to identify dangerous malware and a cryptovirus found in the ransomware category of severe computer threats. The email@example.com virus will infiltrate a computer system, restrict access to the computer, encrypt all personal computer files, and load several files to various folders titled firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. The thing that makes this computer virus different than other forms of ransomware is that it will not actually ask the victim for a ransom but will instead ask victims to email them and pay them a reasonable price for their decrypting services.
The email@example.com file is a file which contains instructions on how to decrypt your files and maintain access to your computer system. The message asks victims to email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
There is no guarantee that paying the ransom developers for decryption service will be a success. Instead, the internet security community suggest to use various methods and malware removal tools to remove firstname.lastname@example.org and other threats from your computer. After or before malware has been removed from your computer it is recommended to use a free program such as Rakhnidecryptor by Kaspersky (http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/VirusUtilities/EN/rakhnidecryptor.exe) to decrypt your personal files. If you have a backup or restore point you can use that method to reacquire your personal files.
email@example.com ransomware affects Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 operating systems and it will encrypt multiple file extensions. firstname.lastname@example.org ransomware is typically contracted from malicious email attachments, advertisements, and dubious media files.
email@example.com Removal Instructions
1. We strongly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to scan your computer for firstname.lastname@example.org malware and malicious files.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files and restart your computer.
[note]If you are still having issues with malware it is recommended to download and install a second opinion scanner, such as HitmanPro by Surfright to eradicate existing malicious files.[/note]
Ransomware usually infects 1 user account on Windows systems at a time. Here are some tips to remove ransomware by using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.