What is Gaming Wonderland Toolbar?
Gaming Wonderland Toolbar, also referred to as the Gaming Wonderland virus is an unwanted browser application classified as malware in the browser hijacker category that bundles with adware platforms. If Gaming Wonderland Toolbar and associated software is installed, the unwanted application will change existing internet browser settings including the home page and default search engine, causing internet browsers to start up on and redirect to Ask.com and other websites. You may also notice unwanted pop-up, in-text, and coupon type advertisements. Gaming Wonderland Toolbar malware also causes other problems for computer users concerning the invasion of privacy and cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
Gaming Wonderland Toolbar installs as an add-on, browser helper object, and extension that may appear at the top of an internet browser. The Toolbar may contain social media buttons and links for games and deals on the internet. It has been reported that links and general advertisements promoted by Gaming Wonderland may contain malicious payloads or glorify non-beneficial system security tools (rogue software/scareware).
The Gaming Wonderland hijacker and third-party malware are a concern for computer users because of their relationships to serious privacy crimes. Gaming Wonderland Toolbar and associated third-party malware may collect user information including complete computing and browsing activity, and especially information manually submitted into online forms such as usernames, passwords, telephone numbers, home addresses, credit information, bank account information, and more. Gaming Wonderland Toolbar and related third-parties may even view and collect social media data including the name of your friends, followers, and their social media activity. Victims of Gaming Wonderland Toolbar malware have reported excessive email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers with content relative to recent internet browsing activity. For example, if you recently searched for an iphone online, you may receive spam email containing unethical iphone advertisements. Links contained in such emails may contain malicious payloads or direct users to malicious websites. Most of the time these links will install additional browser hijackers similar to the Gaming Wonderland Toolbar hijacker.
How does Gaming Wonderland Toolbar malware infect a computer?
Gaming Wonderland Toolbar can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of websites, including download.com and gamingwonderland.com, though most victims report that Gaming Wonderland Toolbar installs without consent or knowledge and proceeds to alter browser and start up settings.
Gaming Wonderland Toolbar can be contracted without consent alongside downloadable items such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and codecs. Other reports indicate that Gaming Wonderland Toolbar can be triggered by clicking suspicious advertisements, clicking comprised social media content, or by playing online games associated with the Gaming Wonderland website.
How to remove Gaming Wonderland virus
- Automatically remove Gaming Wonderland Toolbar malware - Scan for and automatically remove Gaming Wonderland Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove Gaming Wonderland Toolbar - Remove/Uninstall Gaming Wonderland software and third-party malware
1. Automatic Gaming Wonderland removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the Gaming Wonderland Toolbar browser hijacker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Gaming Wonderland Toolbar and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Gaming Wonderland Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Gaming Wonderland Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Gaming Wonderland removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Gaming Wonderland Toolbar and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Gaming Wonderland Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Gaming Wonderland Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Gaming Wonderland Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Gaming Wonderland Toolbar add-ons, extensions, and plug-ins. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party titles.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Gaming Wonderland Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Gaming Wonderland Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Gaming Wonderland Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.