Flipora virus (Flipora.com)
The Flipora virus is a term for a potentially unwanted program or potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. Users complain that Flipora hijacks Facebook accounts, collects personal information (web history, submitted data), as well as changes internet browser settings (home page, default search engine, browser shortcut) often causing unwanted startups and redirections to Flipora websites, such as static.flipora.com, static1.flipora.com, login.flipora.com, feedshare.flipora.com, http://static2.flipora.com, and third-party engine Certified Toolbar.
Flipora add-ons, extensions, and applications via Flipora.com are self promoted as a Personalized Search and Discovery engine that is made by Infoaxe Inc. (Flipora Facebook App, Flipora Toolbar, Flipora Web Search) that recommends great websites to you automatically on topics you care about that are the freshest, most interesting websites of the day that are automatically recommended to you based on what your friends and other like minded people enjoy each day.
Flipora.com and third-parties are extremely invasive and collect personal data including browsing history, activity, Facebok activity, friend’s Facebook activities (including what your friends search for, like, and websites they visit). If manually and voluntarily installing Flipora, the Flipora Facebook App will actually ask for permission to access your public profile, friend list, email address, and News Feed, as well as to post publicly on your behalf.
Flipora will add users to marketing lists, including third-party marketing lists with no direction to unsubscribe from third-parties. Victims of the Flipora virus frequently complain of excessive email spam, spam messages to Facebook friends, Facebook posts spam, and of similar behavior.
It should be noted that Flipora may bundle with third-party malware and PUPs in efforts to monetize free items; including adware, spyware, browser hijackers, and scareware but that the domain Flipora.com DOES NOT HOST MALWARE according to Google Safe Browsing and is primary categorized as a privacy invading scam which is utilized in conjunction with unethical third-parties.
Flipora attaches to computers and internet browsers as a BHO, add-on, extension, toolbar, and Facebook application, as well as bundles with third-party malware and organizations. In order to remove Flipora, you must first remove the Facebook application, then remove the Flipora add-on or extension to stop redirecting to Flipora.com domain names including statit2.flipora.com or delta-search.com. Use the free instructions below to easily remove Flipora and third-party malware from your computer.
How to remove Flipora malware (hijacker)
- Remove Flipora Facebook App – Instructions to manually remove the Flipora App on Facebook
- Uninstall Flipora (if necessary)
- Remove Flipora add-on or extension (if necessary) – Instructions to manually remove the Flipora browser attachment
- Automatically remove malware – Scan for and remove malware associated with Flipora and third-parties using the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and repair internet browser settings using CCleaner by Piriform.
- Manually remove Flipora.com home page
- Manually remove Flipora.com search engine
1. Remove Flipora Facebook App
Flipora attaches to Facebook manually and voluntarily as an application allowing it to “hijack” Facebook users, though has been reported to do so without consent or knowledge.
1. Login to Facebook and click the Facebook options icon on the top right of the blue Facebook bar and select Account Settings.
2. On the left sidebar click Apps.
3. To remove the Flipora Facebook App, locate Flipora and click the X on the far right side.
4. When prompted by the Remove Flipora window, check the box that says Delete all your Flipora activity on Facebook and click the Remove button.
2. Uninstall Flipora (if necessary)
In order to remove the Flipora addon, extension, or toolbar, it may be necessary to first uninstall Flipora.
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Flipora and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
3. Remove Flipora add-on or extension (if necessary)
If necessary, to stop unwanted redirections to static2.flipora.com and other webpages you must remove the Flipora add on, Flipora extension, and/or third-party browser attachment from each intenret browser installed.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Flipora extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Flipora add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Flipora add-on and remove it if located.
4. Automatically remove malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can be used to detect and remove additional and/or third-party malware from your computer system.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. Open the first tab labeled “Scanner” and select the Perform full scan option. Click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting your computer system.
4. Once the full system scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can also be used to repair internet browser and computer settings, as well as stop your browser from redirecting to http://www.static2.flipora.com and other unwanted websites.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform and run the program.
2. Once installed, run the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Look for anything that may be suspicious or contain “Flipora” in the title or filename.
5. Manually remove Flipora.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove the Flipora.com domain from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove the Flipora.com domain from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove the Flipora.com domain and replace it with your preferred URL.
6. Manually remove Flipora.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Flipora.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Flipora.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Flipora.com to remove it as your search engine.
Please note, If www.flipora.com.com is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove www.flipora.com.com by clicking the X next to it.