How to remove FindMeSavings virus – Removal Guide
FindMeSavings virus (Find Me Savings)
The FindMeSavings virus (also found as Find Me Savings virus, Find Me Savings Deals, FindMe Savings, or Ads by FindMeSavings; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
Once FindMeSavings malware is installed, it will begin to replace existing internet browser settings and displays unwanted pop-up advertisements, in-text ads, banner ads, and especially drop-down coupons ads on popular online retail websites including walmart.com, ebay, and others.
FindMeSavings adware will attempt to display targeted coupons and offers for searched items or currently viewed products on retail websites by displaying a drop down tab and menu that can be identified by text that says the user has a numerical amount of coupons. The advertisements may drop down from the top right of the open internet browser window in a dark gray or black drop-down list that contains links to coupons. Once clicked a coupon may be applied to the visited webpage.
The FindMeSavings pop-ups can be identified by a dark gray or black tab at the top browser window, the black colored advertisements, as well as banners and skyscrapers that say Ads by FindMeSavings.
Once a program that is used to assist in displaying FindMeSavings advertisements is installed it will begin to change Microsoft Windows start-up settings and internet browser settings. Furthermore unwanted applications used to promote FindMeSavings advertisements may violate user privacy by collecting and distributing sensitive user information and ruin a computer’s functionality and internet browsing experience (often associated with unwanted browser redirections and changed homepage settings).
FindMeSavings has permission to access your data on all websites, access your tabs and browsing activity, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
FindMeSavings malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
FindMeSavings is also stubborn to uninstall and will make users reboot their systems and/or enter a verification code before the adware can be removed properly.
How does FindMeSavings adware get onto a computer?
FindMeSavings often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware. In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install FindMeSavings adware and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a confusing manner and FindMeSavings will install without permission.
FindMeSavings adware can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of sources.
The unwanted adware platform may also hide inside third-party software and can be contracted from suspicious advertisements, email spam, torrents, etc.
How to remove FindMeSavings adware
- Automatically remove FindMeSavings – Scan for and automatically remove FindMeSavings and third-party malware
- Manually remove FindMeSavings – Remove/Uninstall FindMeSavings software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic FindMeSavings removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove FindMeSavings adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall FindMeSavings adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Find Me Savings and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for FindMeSavings, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual FindMeSavings removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall FindMeSavings adware and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall FindMeSavings
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for FindMe Savings and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that FindMeSavings may use a different title name.
If an alert appears and notifies you to reboot your system please do so, as well as follow other on-screen instructions.
How to remove FindMeSavings add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove FindMeSavings add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the FindMeSavings extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the FindMeSavings add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the FindMeSavings add-on and remove it if located.