How to remove FBPhotoZoom (Virus Removal)
How to remove FBPhotoZoom (Virus Removal)
FB Photo Zoom (FacebookPhotoZoom, Facebook Photo Zoom, FBPhotoZoom) prmotes itself as a free browser helper object (BHO), add-on, and extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer that can be used to zoom into Facebook images, including icons. However, is essentially a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that primarily generates cross-browser advertisements.
Once the FBPhotoZoom program is downloaded and installed, victims may notice generic pop-up advertisements and in-text advertisements while browsing the web. The advertisements generated are often “coupon” style deals, that utilize various platforms via the FBPhotoZoom plugin to display the most relevant advertisements per the users internet activity, bookmarks, and browser history
If your computer system and internet browser are affected by the FBPhotoZoom add-on or extension without consent, it is likely infected with associated third-party malware that is capable of collecting private information via keystrokes, screenshots, and backdoor system access (Trojans). Use the instructions provided in this article to completely remove the FBPhotoZoom virus.
The FBPhotoZoom extension and browser attachments that it may bundle with have ‘permissions’ set allowing them to perform tasks users may find undesirable. These permissions are listed below.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
FBPhotoZoom adware is usually contracted without user knowledge alongside free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, email attachments, and more.
Users who wish to install freeware may be given a “custom installation” option to accept or decline an offer to install FBPhotoZoom adware and similar products during the installation; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing can be ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner.
In some cases, FBPhotoZoom and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove FBPhotoZoom (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall FBPhotoZoom
- Step 3: Remove FBPhotoZoom malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
Step 1: Remove FBPhotoZoom add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall FBPhotoZoom
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for FBPhotoZoom and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Remove FBPhotoZoom malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.