How to remove Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot – Removal Instructions
Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot virus
The Ebay Shopping Assistant virus (also found as Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot virus; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as possible adware, spyware, and browser hijacker that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension without user consent. Ebay Shopping Assistant also bundles with third-party items and other potential malware including adware platforms Savings Slider, Desk 365, Amazon Shopping Assistant, and others.
Once Ebay Shopping Assistant malware is installed it will begin to replace Microsoft Windows start-up settings and internet browser settings, as well as display an Ebay logo at the top of the internet browser. Ebay Shopping Assistant and relating parties may install unwanted applications used to promote advertisements and may violate user privacy by collecting and distributing sensitive user information. Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot can also ruin a computer and internet browser’s functionality by causing unwanted browser redirects and startups.
Ebay Shopping Assistant malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to marketing and mailing lists without direct consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot and similar browser hijackers raise many privacy concerns. In a more severe cases users have fallen victim to credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. These crimes are not common, but if Ebay Shopping Assistant and other items are installed to a computer system and attached to internet browsers without user consent, the user is at a heightened risk.
*Ebay.com is not a malicious website and Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot is not technically a computer virus. This item uses unethical marketing practices via third-parties to cause further complications.
How does Ebay Shopping Assistant malware get onto a computer?
Ebay Shopping Assistant malware primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware including VAF Player, YTD Video Downloader, and others. In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install the Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot add-on and extension; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a confusing manner.
The Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot item may also hide inside third-party software and can be contracted from suspicious advertisements, email spam, torrents, etc.
How to remove Ebay Shopping virus
- Automatically remove Ebay Shopping Assistant – Scan for and automatically remove Ebay Shopping Assistant and third-party malware
- Manually remove Ebay Shopping Assistant – Remove/Uninstall Ebay Shopping Assistant software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic Ebay Shopping Assistant removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Ebay Shopping Assistant and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Ebay Shopping Assistant, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Ebay Shopping Assistant removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall the Ebay Shopping Assistant hijacker and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Ebay Shopping Assistant
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Ebay Shopping Assistant and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Ebay Shopping Assistant may use a different title name or may have been installed via third-party software.
How to remove Ebay Shopping Assistant add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Ebay Shopping Assistant add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Ebay Shopping Assistant by Spigot add-on and remove it if located.