How to remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar – Removal Instructions
DVDVideoSoft Toolbar (also found as DVDVideoSoft virus, DVDVideoSoft malware) is essentially a safe internet browser item developed by DVDVideoSoft Ltd. that primarily bundles with downloadable content and items distributed by dvdvideosoft.com and their affiliates. Some security experts may label DVDVideoSoft Toolbar malware in the browser hijacker category citing that the browser add-on, browser helper object, and extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer may cause serious complications.
Some reports indicate that DVDVideoSoft Toolbar may install without user consent; however being an avid DVDVideoSoft software user it’s obvious that this is not true; however DVDVideoSoft Toolbar may practice techniques in order to persuade victims into downloading the Toolbar alongside DVDVideoSoft software that can be defined as confusing.
DVDVideoSoft Toolbar may also violate some users privacy, as DVDVideoSoft Toolbar’s permissions allow the item to access all data on your computer and the websites you visit. This may lead some users to suspect that DVDVideoSoft Toolbar is spyware. It is not a comforting factor that DVDVideoSoft Toolbar may access all the data on your computer.
Some users have complained that DVDVideoSoft Toolbar caused unwanted browser redirections and startups, but DVDVideoSoft does not have a search engine alike similar browser hijackers. The browser redirections are introduced by third-party items such as Entrusted Toolbar that may have voluntarily bundled with recently downloaded and installed software.
Users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent internet browsing activity while DVDVideoSoft Toolbar is installed. Even though this is the case, I have personally used DVDVideoSoft software for many years and have never had relating issues. However, this is still a concern and users may be at risk of privacy issues.
DVDVideoSoft Toolbar is not a computer virus, nor essentially considered malware. In some cases DVDVideoSoft Toolbar may be defined as PUP or potentially unwanted program. Some Antivirus and Anti-Malware suites may detect DVDVideoSoft Toolbar as a “PUP.”
How does DVDVideoSoft Toolbar get onto a computer?
DVDVideoSoft Toolbar bundles with downloadable items from dvdvideosoft.com. During the installation process of some DVDVideoSoft software user may be given the opportunity to install the browser add-on and extension with the wanted item.
The offer is often presented at the end of the installation process under a tab under additional options and browser add-ons.
DVDVideoSoft Toolbar is primarily downloaded and installed; however the option to install the add-on and extension may be presented in a manner that is confusing for users.
How to remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar
- Automatically remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar – Scan for and automatically remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall DVDVideoSoft Toolbar software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic DVDVideoSoft Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall DVDVideoSoft Toolbar adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DVDVideoSoft Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for DVDVideoSoft Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
It should be noted that DVDVideoSoft software such as YouTube Downloaded and Screen Capture software (etc.) do not need to be removed in order to remove the DVDVideoSoft Toolbar. The software may remain on your computer if you wish.
2. Manual DVDVideoSoft Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall DVDVideoSoft Toolbar and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall DVDVideoSoft Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for DVDVideoSoft Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once DVDVideoSoft Toolbar malware is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DVDVideoSoft Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the DVDVideoSoft Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the DVDVideoSoft Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.