What is Deals Plugin malware (Deals Plugin adware)?
Deals Plugin is a malicious internet browser attachment, add-on, extension, and browser helper object (browser hijacker) for Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, that is categorized as adware and most notably displays unwanted pop-up advertisements in the form of coupons and deals.
Deals Plugin advertisements may appear while browsing a variety of online retail stores including Sears, Gap, and deal-based websites such as Kayak. Deals Plugin ads often pop-up in the right corner (or top right corner) of the infected internet browser, and contain the Deals Plugin logo, as well as links that say Settings and What’s this, and/or a tab that says COUPONS. Please note, if you proceed to the Deals Plugin website, they may persuade you to opt out of their ad-serving network. It is never recommended to opt out of viewing any advertisements, as this only downloads a cookie file to the computer system from the unethical party.
Is Deals Plugin safe to download and use?
Though the Deals Plugin add-on and extension can be installed from websites such as Dealsplugin.com, Deals Plugin is not safe to download and use. It is also suggested to avoid clicking Deals Plugin advertisements.
Google Chrome has confirmed that the Deals Plugin browser attachment is malicious and further restricts Google Chrome users from downloading Deals Plugin.
- Deals Plugin displays unwanted popup advertisements that contain potentially malicious and sponsored links. Clicking advertisements displayed by Deals Plugin may initiate the installment of additional malware or cause the infected internet browser to redirect to unwanted websites, in order to generate an unethical revenue stream via CPC affiliations and programs.
- It has also been documented that Deals Plugin may bundle with third party malware, software, and files, including freeware, shareware, torrents, and media codecs used to watch videos or listen to music online. In many scenarios, in order to remove Deals Plugin malware and stop Deals Plugin pop-up advertisements, removing third-party browser attachments and software must be completed and vice versa when facing symptoms of third-party malware, including browser redirects.
- Deals Plugin is associated with privacy invading malware, including adware and spyware, and may entrap victims to unethical terms without direct knowledge.
Use the instructions below to remove Deals Plugin malware and stop Deals Plugin advertisements from popping up.
How To Remove Deals Plugin Malware (Deals Plugin Virus)
- Antivirus Software
- Uninstall Deals Plugin & Third Party Software
- Remove Deals Plugin & Third Party Add-ons And Extensions
- Alternative Removal Options/Tips/Troubleshooting
1. Antivirus Software
Instructions: 1. Install Malwarebytes 2. Update the software 3. Perform full scan (Image).
2. Uninstall Deals Plugin & Third Party Software
Check your computer system for unwanted software and browser helper objects before removing the Deals Plugin add-on or extension.
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Deals Plugin and suspicious third party software. To uninstall the unwanted software double click the programs icon, or highlight the program in the list and click Uninstall.
3. Remove Deals Plugin & Third Party Add-ons And Extensions
Deals Plugin malware may install as a standalone browser attachment, alongside third-party browser attachments, or bundled inside a third-party browser attachment.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Deals Plugin extension and additional third party extensions. Remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin locate the Deals Plugin and additional third party add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab locate the Deals Plugin and additional third party add-ons and remove them if located.
4. Alternative Deals Plugin Adware Removal Options & Tips:
The alternative methods below can be used to block and remove or treat annoying symptoms Deals Plugin adware and related malware.
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it stared having issues. A System Restore can be used to remove software that may have installed without consent, including adware serving platforms and browser helper objects.
Many adware platforms that serve pop-up advertisements utilize flash to serve these pop-up ads.
- To disable (deny) flash visit: Macromedia.com and select the “Deny” radio option (pictured below).
Hosts File (Advanced)