What is Deal Boat (DealBoat, Deals Boat)?
Deal Boat, also referred to as Deals Boat is malware, categorized as adware, that utilizes a standalone and/or third-party browser hijacker in order to display pop-up advertisements containing unethical sponsored deals and offers. Deals Boat, or Deal Boat advertisements are primarily blue coupon based ads that feature sponsored and/or potentially malicious links and pop up while browsing deal based websites such as Amazon or Kayak.
Deal Boat is also referred to as DealBoat adware or the Deals Boat browser hijacker. Deal Boat has been reported to change existing internet browser settings without permission in order to accommodate the Deal Boat adware infection.
How does Deal Boat infect a computer?
Deal Boat adware may “bundle” with third-party browser attachments and even generic software and files, such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents, without making it clear to the person downloading or using the third-party item.
Furthermore, Deal Boat may be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of sources, often promoting Deal Boat as a legitimate add-on used to find great deals on the internet.
Deal Boat Adware: Symptoms and Dangers
- Alike most adware platforms and coupon based advertisement services, Deal Boat may be very dangerous for reasons concerning cyber criminal activity and the invasion of privacy. Adware platforms associate with spyware, and may even install alongside spyware used to often collect sensitive information, including browser activity and history, and may even attempt to phish more information in order to complete unethical practices. Malware infections are often related to serious crimes involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
- Deal Boat displays unwanted coupon advertisements in order to generate revenue via third party sponsors that may include offers, online retail stores, and distributors of malicious software.
If you are experiencing Deal Boat pop-up advertisements, or suspect your computer is infected with the Deal Boat virus, use the insturctions below to easily remove Deal Boat and third-party malware from your computer and internet browser.
How to remove the Deal Boat virus
- Automatic removal (Removal software, Cleaner)
- Manual removal and repair (Manually remove Deal Boat adware)
1. Automatic removal (Deal Boat removal software)
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Deal Boat malware and repair internet browser settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Malwarebytes on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to the Update tab.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect and remove Deal Boat malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or troubleshoot Deal Boat removal/uninstall issues.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab.
2. Manual removal (Remove Deal Boat)
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Deal Boat and remove the Deals Boat add-on and extension using generic procedures.
How to uninstall Deal Boat (Windows Uninstaller)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Deal Boat (and suspicious third party software). To uninstall Deal Boat double click the program icon, or highlight Deal Boat in the list and click Uninstall.
How to remove Deal Boat browser attachment
The Deals Boat browser attachment may install as a standalone browser add-on and extension, alongside third-party browser attachments, or bundled inside third-party browser attachments. If the Deal Boat browser hijacker is not located, removing a third-party extension will often stop Deal Boat ads from popping up.
It is suggested to Uninstall any unwanted programs and browser helper objects using Window’s Uninstaller or CCleaner prior to removing the browser attachment.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Deal Boat extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
3. Follow any Uninstall instructions.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Deal Boat add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Deal Boat add-on and remove it if located.