How to remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar – Removal Instructions
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar virus
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar (also found as Daily Bible Guide virus; though not technically a computer virus) is malware categorized as a browser hijacker that primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware without user consent and causes many problems. Daily Bible Guide Toolbar installs to Microsoft Windows computer systems and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension. In turn, Daily Bible Guide malware changes Microsoft Windows settings, as well as Internet Browser settings including the homepage, managed, provided, and default search engines, causing browser redirects to ask.com, search.conduit.com and other Daily Bible Guide websites.
Once in stalled Daily Bible Guide Toolbar begins to corrupt settings. Daily Bible Guide Toolbar will also cause internet browsers to start up on unwanted websites including ask.com when users open a new browser window or tab.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and relating items may also be the culprit of unwanted advertisements, including pop-up ads, banner ads, in-text ads, and more. Removing Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and associated items often stops unwanted advertisements from appearing without user consent.
The Daily Bible Guide hijacker and similar forms of malware raise many concerns relating to the invasion of privacy and privacy crimes. If Daily Bible Guide Toolbar is installed, the unwanted Toolbar and third-party items may collect and distribute sensitive user information; especially information users manually submit including full names, usernames, passwords, email addresses, telephone numbers, and home addresses. Daily Bible Guide Toolbar may even track your complete computer and internet activity. The information collected may be used to submit users to marketing and mailing lists without their direct consent or knowledge. Victims may receive unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers relative to recent internet browsing activities.
On a more severe scale, Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and similar browser hijacker malware infections put users at risk of falling victim to cyber crimes such as credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
How does Daily Bible Guide Toolbar malware get onto a computer?
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar malware often bundles with third-party downloadable content including freeware and shareware available from download.com. During the installation process of third-party software users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and change browser settings to accommodate the Daily Bible Guide redirect; however, the request to decline is often ignored.
It is recommended to avoid questionable downloads from websites such as download.com as their primary objective is to aggressively generate revenue off the confusion of their users and visitors.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar can also be contracted from various locations including advertisements, social media content, email spam, sponsored search results, and more.
How to remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar
- Automatically remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar – Scan for and automatically remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar malware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Daily Bible Guide Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar malware and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once the Toolbar malware is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.