CouponAmazing adware (Coupon Amazing)
CouponAmazing (also referred to as Coupon Amazing or the CouponAmazing virus) is potential malware categorized as adware and browser hijacker that is reported to install with or without user consent and display unwanted advertisements including pop-up advertisements, in-text advertisements, and causes other problems for computer users relating to the loss of computer functionality and the invasion of privacy. CouponAmazing installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to popular internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension titled CouponAmazing.
The CouponAmazing hijacker and advertisement serving platform and similar forms of computer infections, as well as “bloatware” raise concerns relating to entarpment and the intrusion of personal information. Once CouponAmazing is installed, users have complained of excessive email spam and junk mail containing details relative to recent computing and browsing activities. This is a tell-tale sign that CouponAmazing and related third-parties may collect and distribute user data and include users to mailing and marketing lists without consent or knowledge. Information collected may include private information manually submitted online such as usernames, passwords, social media content and relationships, credit card details, telephone numbers, home addresses, and most data manually inputted into online forms.
Though CouponAmazing is not technically a computer virus, CouponAmazing and similar internet browser hijackers, including software used to corrupt internet browser settings, confuse internet users, and essentially generate revenue off the misfortunes of computer and internet users are associated with cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
If CouponAmazing adware is present on your computer system and you are experincing unwanted CouponAmazing advertisements while browsing the internet use the free removal instructions further below.
How does CouponAmazing adware get onto a computer?
CouponAmazing malware often bundles with third-party downloadable content including freeware, shareware, and even torrents. In efforts to monetize free items, many developers and distributors may include Coupon Amazing with their product or service. In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline installing a CouponAmazing add-on and extension; however the request is often ignored.
CouponAmazing can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a vareiety of websites including
How to remove CouponAmazing ads
- Automatically remove CouponAmazing malware – Scan for and automatically remove CouponAmazing and third-party malware
- Manually remove CouponAmazing – Remove/Uninstall CouponAmazing promoted software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic CouponAmazing removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove CouponAmazing and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Coupon Amazing adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall CouponAmazing and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for CouponAmazing, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual CouponAmazing removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall CouponAmazing adware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall CouponAmazing
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for CouponAmazing and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove CouponAmazing add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove CouponAmazing add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CouponAmazing extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the CouponAmazing add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the CouponAmazing add-on and remove it if located.