How to remove Connect Toolbar – Connect Search (Removal Guide)
Connect Search virus (Connect Toolbar – DLC)
The Connect Search virus (also found as Connect Toolbar, Connect SP 6 Toolbar, Connect DLC 3, Connect DLC 4, Connect DLC 5 Toolbar, Connect DLC 2 Toolbar for IE, Connect DLC 2 virus, etc.; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as a browser hijacker and spyware that downloads and installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to popular internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent. The unwanted Connect Toolbar add-on and extension titled “Connect DLC 2″ (or other) is used to promote the Connect Search Engine (search.conduit.com, bing.com). The Connect virus changes internet browser settings including the home page (start page) and default browser search engine (managed, provided) causing unwanted browser redirections to Connect Search, bing.com, search.conduit.com, and other websites.
Once Connect Software such as Connect DLC 2 or Connect DLC 4 Toolbar is installed the application will begin to reformat existing internet browser settings and will use tactics to collect sensitive user information including data manually submitted online such as your full name, home address, telephone number, email address, browser activity and history, and more. Connect malware may also use techniques to collect purchase information or persuade victims to purchase non-beneficial software via search results and third-party adware applications that may have bundled with Connect Toolbar otherwise known as Connect DLC 2 Toolbar, etc.
Connect Toolbar has permission to access all the data on your computer and the websites you visit.
If spyware alike Connect Toolbar is installed on your computer and attached to your internet browser you are at risk of cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and more. Though these crimes are rare given the initial scenario, this particular category of malware leaves users at a higher risk.
The Connect Search Engine displays sponsored search results from bing.com, conduit.com, and others, and is not considered a legitimate standalone search engine.
Connect Toolbar (Connect DLC 2, etc.) will appear at the top of an open browser window and may also bundle with third-party malware including adware and spyware.
How does Connect Toolbar get onto a computer?
Connect Toolbar (Connect DLC 2, Connect DLC 6, etc.) and other Items used to promote the Connect Search redirect virus can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of questionable websites. Connect software often bundles with suspicious third-party freeware and shareware.
Some users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Connect Toolbar and change their home page and search engine; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or represented in a confusing manner and Connect Toolbar installs without direct permission.
If Connect Toolbar malware is installed, there is likely additional third-party potential malware on your computer system. Connect DLC 2 Toolbar for IE and other applications primarily bundle with third-party items without user consent or knowledge.
How to remove Connect Toolbar – Search
- Automatically remove Connect Toolbar - Scan for and automatically remove Connect Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove Connect Toolbar - Remove/Uninstall Connect Toolbar and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Connect Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Connect Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the Connect Toolbar hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Connect Toolbar (Connect DLC 2 Toolbar for IE) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Connect Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Connect Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Connect Toolbar and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Connect Toolbar (DLC 2, DLC 3, DLC 4, DLC 5, DLC 6)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Connect Toolbar (Connect DLC 2 Toolbar for IE, Search Protect by conduit) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Connect Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Connect Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional toolbars. Please note, it will be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Connect Toolbar extension (Connect DLC 2) and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Connect Toolbar add-on (Connect DLC 2) and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Connect Toolbar (Connect DLC 2) add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Connect Search Engine (conduit.com)
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Connect search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Connect search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the Connect search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.search.conduit.com/ (etc.) is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove Connect Search Homepage (conduit.com)
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Connect Search from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Connect Search from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Connect Search and replace it with your preferred URL.