ClickTheApp (also searched for as ClickTheApp virus or Click The App) is detected as adware and potentially unwanted program, or PUP, by reputable security programs. The adware is primarily used by third-party developers to inject the webpages you visit online with pop-up and in-text advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually contain text somewhere on them that says something like Ads by ClickTheApp or brought by ClickTheApp. The advertisements can be served by the adware across multiple internet browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari.
What is ClickTheApp?
ClickTheApp adware is usually promoted by third-party freeware download managers, software bundlers, advertisements, and software distribution websites as a free web shopping utility that can help you locate coupons, deals, and discounts for the products you view online and search for.
ClickTheApp displays ‘targeted’ style advertisements that may violate your privacy. Target ads can only be generated of the adware has access to your personal browsing data including what you search for online, your bookmarks, and browser history.
ClickTheApp adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove ClickTheApp if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
ClickTheApp and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. ClickTheApp is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that ClickTheApp adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
- ClickTheApp typically bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- ClickTheApp is often promoted by or introduced to a computer through third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- ClickTheApp injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- ClickTheApp changes existing Windows and internet browser settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
- ClickTheApp and browser extensions associated with it have permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- ClickTheApp and browser extensions associated with it can communicate with cooperating websites and applications.
This comprehensive ClickTheApp removal guide will help you remove “ClickTheApp virus” from your PC and get rid of ads by ClickTheApp. Follow the instructions on this page to get rid of this adware and other potential threats that may have been introduced to your computer.
How to remove ClickTheApp (Virus Removal Guide)
- How to manually remove ClickTheApp
- How to remove ClickTheApp with Malwarebytes
- ClickTheApp removal tips
How to manually remove ClickTheApp
1. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for ClickTheApp in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click ClickTheApp to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find ClickTheApp in your list of installed program but still experience ads by ClickTheApp when you browse the web you may need to uninstall additional third-party programs from your computer and remove browser attachments from each installed internet browser.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ClickTheApp extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the ClickTheApp add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the ClickTheApp extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove ClickTheApp with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
ClickTheApp removal tips
- If you do not find ClickTheApp in your list of installed programs or browser attachments you may need to uninstall additional programs and remove additional browser add-ons and extensions. Additional programs and browser attachments may include suspicious titles that might have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection. If you do not recognize a browser extension – remove it!
- If you are still having issues removing ClickTheApp you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.