Beamrise (Beamrise Toolbar, Beamrise Browser, etc.) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) often referred to as the Beamrise virus (although not a virus) found in the adware and browser hijacker categories. Beamrise software may change existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, causing affected browsers to start up on Beamrise Search Engine and redirect to search.beamrise.com, search.iminent.com, and other websites.
If a browser hijacker is installed onto your computer, you may notice unwanted redirections to websites such as beamrise.com, www.search.beamrise.com, and/or www.desktop.beamrise.com when attempting to search the web using the internet browser address bar or omni box. The Beamrise search engine, referred to as Beamrise Search or Search Beamrise primary displays sponsored search results that generate income.
Browser hijackers may also change browser shortcuts and new tab windows.
Beamrise is essentially an advertisement supported program that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system alongside third-party freeware and shareware. Users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline offers to install software such as Beamrise Browser and Toolbar during the setup process of third-party freeware and shareware; However, the offer may be confusing for the user and the software may accidentally install without knowledge.
How to remove Beamrise malware (hijacker)
- Uninstall Beamrise (and third-party software)
- Remove Beamrise add-on and extension (and third-party attachments)
- Automatically remove malware – Scan for and remove malware associated with Beamrise and third-parties using the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and repair internet browser settings using CCleaner by Piriform.
- Manually remove Beamrise.com from home page
- Manually remove Beamrise.com search engine
1. Uninstall Beamrise
To manually uninstall Beamrise and third-party software that may bundle with Beamrise use the text and video instructions below.
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Beamrise and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, select the program, right click it and select Uninstall.
2. Remove Beamrise add-on and extension
If necessary, to stop unwanted redirections to search.beamrise.com and other web pages you must remove the Beamrise attachment and/or third-party browser attachment from each intenret browser installed on your computer. Otherwise, your browsers will continue to redirect and startup on Beamrise.com web sites.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Beamrise extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Beamrise add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Beamrise add-on and remove it if located.
3. Automatically remove malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can be used to detect and remove malware from your computer system.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. Open the first tab labeled “Scanner” and select the Perform full scan option. Click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting your computer system.
4. Once the full system scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can also be used to repair internet browser and computer settings, as well as stop your browser from redirecting to http://www.search.beamrise.com and other unwanted websites.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform and run the program.
2. Once installed, run the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Look for anything that may be suspicious or contain “Searchalgo, Updater Service, or other previously mentioned titles” in the program or file name.
4. Manually remove Beamrise.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Beamrise.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Beamrise.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Beamrise.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
5. Manually remove Beamrise.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Beamrise.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Beamrise.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Beamrise.com to remove it as your search engine.
Please note, If a www.beamrise.com webpage is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove www.beamrise.com by clicking the X next to it.