What is Anywhere.me Toolbar (Anywhere.me)?
Anywhere.me Toolbar also referred to as Anywhere Toolbar, the Anywhere virus, or the Anywhere.me virus (among other terms), is a browser helper object and potential malware categorized as a browser hijacker that primarily installs without user consent and changes internet browser settings, including the home page (start page), default search engine, and browser shortcut. Furthermore, Anywhere.me and the Anywhere.me Toolbar cause unwanted browser redirections when users attempt to search the web that direct to suspicious third-party search engines. Anywhere.me malware may also display unwanted advertisements, even mobile ads, or advertisements meant to blend in with the currently opened browser window.
Alike the Conduit virus, anyone can essential produce a Anywhere.me Toolbar, including malicious third-parties, and the Anywhere.me virus primarily bundles with third-party items including add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Anywhere.me Toolbar may also install alongside freeware, shareware, codecs, torrents, and scareware (rogue/fraudulent/limited computer software). It should be noted that removing third-party browser attachments, BHOs, and programs from Windows Operating Systems often stop symptoms of the Anywhere.me hijacker from occurring (and vice versa considering third-party items and objects).
Victims have also reported redirections to Anywhere.me, causing some to label Anywhere.me a redirection virus, though Anywhere.me does not provide an adequate standalone search engine. This is because as previously stated, Anywhere.me malware primarily bundles with third-party items that may cause unwanted redirections to third-party websites opposed to the http://anywhere.me domain.
Other unwanted symptoms relating to Anywhere.me products such as the Anywhere Start Page and Portal involve the invasion of privacy. Anywhere.me malware and associated parties have been reported to add users to marketing lists without consent. Victims have reported excessive numbers of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers. This has caused many to consider Anywhere.me Toolbar and relating items as spyware.
To remove Anywhere.me Toolbar, the Anywhere.me Portal, Anywhere.me Start Pages, and Anywhere Desktop, please use the free Anywhere.me malware removal instructions further below.
How to remove Anywhere.me malware
- Automatically remove Anywhere.me malware – Scan for and automatically remove Anywhere.me and third-party malware
- Manually remove Anywhere.me malware – Remove/Uninstall Anywhere.me (Anywhere.me Toolbar) and third-party malware
1. Automatic Anywhere.me malware removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Anywhere.me and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Anywhere.me (Anywhere.me Toolbar) and related software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Anywhere.me, related software, and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Anywhere.me items, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Anywhere.me removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Anywhere.me and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Anywhere.me malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Anywhere.me software, including the Anywhere.me Toolbar, and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Anywhere.me add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Anywhere.me add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party software and titles.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Anywhere.me Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Anywhere.me Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Anywhere.me Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.
- How to remove Certified Toolbar (hijacker/redirect)
- How to remove Text Enhance (In-text adware)
- How to block advertisements and malicious resources using Windows hosts file
- How to stop unwanted redirections
- How to restore Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7)
- How to refresh/reset Microsoft Windows 8 Operating Systems