The Anvisoft virus is a term used to describe dangerous malware, categorized as scareware or rogue software. Anvisoft offers rogue software including Anvisoft Smart Defender PRO, Cloud System Booster PRO, and Anvi AD Blocked PRO, that may cause many problems for computer users.
Anvisoft promotes itself as legitimate software used to scan and eradicate malware and computer viruses, speed up computer performance, and block advertisements for a price; However, according to many experts Anvisoft is not safe for reasons citing a history of cyber criminal activity, customer complains, dishonesty, and copyright infringement. It is recommended to avoid Anvisoft software including AnvisoftSmart Defender PRO, Anvisoft Cloud System Booster PRO, and Anvi AD Blocker PRO by most security experts.
Anvisoft was founded by a dangerous and notorious hacker named Withered Rose who is responsible for developing Microsoft Office zero-day exploits and using them to extract sensitive data from the U.S Defense Department contractors (read more: Malwarebytes forum, Krebsonsecurity). Furthermore, according to commentators on Krebsonsecurity, the Canadian address for Anvisoft is a simple mailbox and the address for the United States headquarters for Anvisoft does not exist.
Anvisoft Smart Defender has been reported to scan for computer viruses and malware, in which Anvisoft Smart Defender returns fake system scan results or limited results that are not beneficial. It has been reported that Anvisoft Smart Defender has an extremely low detection rate and will not detect and remove common computer viruses and malware.
Anvisoft won’t respond/no refunds
Many users of Anvisoft have reported that the company will not issue them a refund for unusable software that did not perform as advertised. There are many complaints that are removed on their Facebook page containing information about this and other outlets.
Anvisoft won’t uninstall
There are many complains of users having difficulties removing Anvisoft software. Many reports indicuate that Anvisoft won’t uninstall without issue.
Fabricated content/fake forum members
Anvisoft and the Anvisoft forum use many fake forum members and publish many misleading articles and threads containing dishonest information. Anvisoft may claim a website or virus exist when in fact the virus or website mentioned does not. This is an unethical marketing technique that is orchestrated in order to possibly trick internet users and promote internal links.
If you seek legitimate software without a history of cyber criminal activities there are many great Antivirus and Anti-Malware suites that can be used as a better alternative to unwanted Anvisoft malware.
- To view a list of reputable software please click here.
Anvi AD Blocker PRO alternatives
There are many free add-ons and extensions for internet browsers that will effectively block advertisements better than Anvisoft Anvi Ad Blocker PRO.
- AdBlock – The most popular free extension, with over 15 million users! Blocks ads all over the web.
- Adblock Plus – The free adblock tool for internet browsers: Blocks annoying video ads on YouTube, Facebook ads, banners and much more.
How to remove Anvisoft malware
- Uninstall Anvisoft software – Windows Uninstaller and Automatic removal
- System Restore – Restore computer to date and time before infection
1. Uninstall Anvisoft software
How To Uninstall Anvisoft From Window’s Control Panel
- Start > Settings > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program or Add/Remove Programs.
- Search for Anvisoft products in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn Anvisoft software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Anvisoft and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and locate Anvisoft software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. System Restore
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates to remove potentially fake Anvisoft Antivirus software from your computer.
System Restores can be used to remove entire installments without harming your computer or removing any data including documents, images, and videos.