AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus
The Windows AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus (also found as AntiVirus Plus 2014 PRO, AntiVirus Plus 2014 Ultimate, AntiVirus Plus 2014 designed to Protect, AntiVirusPlus2014 virus, etc.) is dangerous malware categorized as scareware and spyware (or rogue software in the Rogue.FakeVimes family) that is reported to install to a computer system without user consent and cause many complications relating to the invasion of privacy and cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
The AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus may also cause other issues for computer and internet users concerning the loss of computer functionality as AntiVirus Plus 2014 is essentially considered a rogue Microsoft Windows Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware, or Antivirus program. AntiVirus Plus 2014 performs fake registry and system scans concluding in fraudulent scan results that claim a numerical amount of errors or issues are found in order to scare victims into purchasing or activating to fraudulent AntiVirus Plus 2014 full product. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.
Once the fake AntiVirus Plus 2014 program is installed, to protect it’s self from being eradicated the fake AntiVirus Plus 2014 program will terminate legitimate programs used to remove it and block access to legitimate and helpful websites. It does this by displaying an alert message that claims the program has become infected with a computer virus or that the website visited is under a virus attack and may crash your system and that the legitimate program has been blocked from accessing the internet. An example of these message is detailed below:
Firefox.exe can not start File Firefox.exe is infected by W32/Blaster.worm. Please activate AntiVirus Plus 2014 to protect your computer.
The fake program also displays messages that claim the computer is infected or faces security issues. The messages displayed by the fake AntiVirus Plus 2014 software should be ignored as they are fraudulent. These fake messages are meant to scare computer users into activating the fake AntiVirus Plus 2014 Ultimate package.
Security Warning Malicious program has been detected. Click here to protect your computer. Firewall Warning Hidden file transfer to remote host has been detected AntiVirus Plus 2014 has detected a leak of your files through the Internet. We strongly recommend that you block the attack immediately.
The AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus may also install third-party software including Conduit Toolbar and other items. The third-party items are often attached to internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension and are used to change existing internet browser settings. In turn this causes affected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites.
The AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus and similar rogue software raise many privacy concerns and are often categorized as spyware. Some reports indicate that AntiVirus Plus 2014 and associated parties may include users to marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent computing and browsing activity.
Some may refer to this software as the AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus due to the deceptive marketing tactics used by the developer and distributors; however, this program is not technically a computer virus.
How does the AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus get onto a computer?
AntiVirus Plus 2014 can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of malicious locations; However, AntiVirus Plus 2014 malware is known to install to a computer system without user consent and will often bundle with third-party downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
AntiVirus Plus 2014 malware and related items may also download to a computer without user authorization via malicious advertisements, email spam, and compromised social media content. The fake AntiVirus Plus 2014 software is often present in exploit kits hidden on malicious websites.
Remove AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus
- Automatically remove AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus – Scan for and automatically remove rogue AntiVirus Plus 2014 software
- Manually remove AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus – Remove/Uninstall AntiVirus Plus 2014 and third-party malware if allowed
1. Auto AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove AntiVirus Plus 2014 scareware and third-party malware.
Malwarebytes is a legitimate Anti-Malware product.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue AntiVirus Plus 2014 software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “AntiVirus or designed to protect.”
4. To automatically uninstall rogue AntiVirus Plus 2014 software and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual AntiVirus Plus 2014 virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall rogue AntiVirus Plus 2014 software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall AntiVirus Plus 2014
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for AntiVirus Plus 2014 scareware and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.