What is Add Lyrics (AddLyrics Adware)?
AddLyrics (Add Lyrics, add lyrics” sing along to music!) is malware categorized as a browser hijacker, that primarily bundles with additional third-party software including adware, browser hijackers, and spyware such as FaceSmooch (hijacker) and Text Enhance (adware platform).
The AddLyrics browser attachment, that can be downloaded from
www.addlyrics.net and other websites, is an alleged browser add-on and extension for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome that lets internet users experience music like never before (Their words). AddLyrics claims to let users find and display lyrics to any song on YouTube on the side of the screen. Though the AddLyrics add-on for IE and Firefox and the AddLyrics extension for Google Chrome, Add Lyrics may produce accurate lyrics results, AddLyrics is adware that entraps victims to unnecessary terms. Using downloading and installing the AddLyrics browser attachment will allow potential unethical parties to advertise at will on your computer system. Furthermore AddLyrics may install third-party software such such as additional adware and spyware (as already mentioned) to the computer system.
Is AddLyrics safe (add lyrics”)?
AddLyrics is not safe for reasons considering the invasion of privacy and the participation of unethical marketing practices and involvement with entrapment. Though AddLyrics malware is not as severe as other forms of malware such as the FBI virus, AddLyrics may cause many issues for computer users.
AddLyrics adware: Additional Information
- AddLyrics primarily bundles with and allows third party software and browser attachments to download and install to a computer system without consent of the computer owner. When downloading third-party software such as FaceSmooch, you may be given the option to “opt out” of installing AddLyrics. It has been reported that AddLyrics will install to the computer system and the AddLyrics add-on will attach to internet browsers even if users “opt out” of installing the software.
- AddLyrics closesly associates with adware and spyware used to display advertisements. AddLyrics may display pop-up advertisements alongside lyrics. Furthermore, AddLyrics will highlight text across the internet and hyperlink certain words to advertisements. This is often performed by the Text Enhance adware platform. It has been reported that removing the AddLyrics add-on and extension, as well as uninstalling AddLyrics has removed pop-up advertisements.
- Many virus scans and security companies define AddLyrics as offerware, riskware, adware, and spyware.
How to remove AddLyrics malware (Adware)
- Automatically remove AddLyrics – AddLyrics removal software
- Manually remove AddLyrics - Uninstall AddLyrics and third-party malware
1. Automatic removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove AddLyrics (add lyrics”) and third-party malware, as well as automatically repair internet browser settings if needed.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect add lyrics” and additional third-party malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is over, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or uninstall pesky software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab.
2. Manual removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall AddLyrics and remove the AddLyrics add-on and extension using generic procedures, as well as third-party software and browser attachments.
How to uninstall Add Lyrics malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, locate AddLyrics (and additional third party malware). To uninstall AddLyrics, double click the program or highlight AddLyrics in the list of programs and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove AddLyrics add-on & extension
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the AddLyrics extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
3. Follow any Uninstall instructions.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the AddLyrics add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the AddLyrics add-on and remove it if located.