Facebook Auto-Play Videos
You may have noticed that Facebook plays videos automatically when they are visible on a web browser. This can be annoying for many people and can also ruin the performance and battery life of a mobile device.
Luckily disabling Facebook Auto-Play Videos is very simple on a computer, iPhone, and iPad; However, the option to disable videos from auto-playing on Facebook on an Android device is restricted and will only allow users to stop the video auto-play feature if their device is not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to disable Facebook Auto-Play Videos
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click the small drop-down arrow on the top blue menu bar and select Settings.
3. On the right side of the Settings page click Videos to enter the Video Settings page.
4. On the Video Settings page, under the Auto-Play Videos option, change the On to Off. Facebook videos will no longer automatically start on your computer.
1. Access the Facebook application on your mobile device.
2. Select Settings and check the box under General Settings for “Auto-play videos on Wi-Fi only.”
iPhone and iPad
1. Go to your phone or tablet’s settings and tap Facebook to open.
2. Tap Settings
3. Under Video tap Auto-play and change On to Off.