How to remove HoistSearch (Virus Removal Guide)
This HoistSearch.com removal guide will help you remove the HoistSearch.com virus and uninstall HoistSearch App and malware from Windows in order to stop browser redirects and pop-up HoistSearch App ads on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is HoistSearch.com?
HoistSearch.com is a questionable search engine associated with the HoistSearch App browser hijacker. This possible computer threat is known to corrupt existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer in order to cause browser redirects to hoistsearch.com and other websites.
The website HoistSearch.com is utilized as a monetization platform for potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and freeware such as the HoistSearch App in order to maximize revenue gained by free products and services. If an internet browser is redirecting to HoistSearch.com it is likely because the computer system has an unwanted program installed and/or additional browser attachments, including add-ons and extensions such as ISTsearch.
Malware analyst also find that browser hijackers associated with this questionable website may act as a standalone advertising platform or bundle with third-party items, including adware that accesses user information and serves targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers that say something similar to “HoistSearch App Ads.”
The most common symptoms of the HoistSearch virus (although not technically a computer virus) is unwanted browser start-ups and redirects to the search engine and pop-up advertisements that appear while online. Most browser redirects occur when a user opens a new browser window, opens a new browser tab, or searches the web using the browser address bar.
How to remove HoistSearch virus
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove HoistSearch and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall HoistSearch App adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall HoistSearch App
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for HoistSearch App and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove HoistSearch add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove HoistSearch add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the HoistSearch.com extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the HoistSearch.com add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the HoistSearch.com add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove HoistSearch.com search engine
The default, managed, and provided search engines are the internal search engines used by internet browsers.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the HoistSearch.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the HoistSearch.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the HoistSearch.com search engine to remove it.
Please note, If the unwanted search engine is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove HoistSearch.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove hoistsearch.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove hoistsearch.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove hoistsearch.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.