Ads by Happy Cloud (also searched for as Happy Cloud virus or HappyCloud) are an issue and nuisance for many internet users. Fortunately, Happy Cloud has a very high detection ratio, which means that most reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs, such as Symantec Norton and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware editions will easily detect and remove Happy Cloud.
What is Happy Cloud?
Happy Cloud is detected as adware by many internet security products. It primarily generates pop-up ads across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. It can also be the sign of a serious computer infection because it rarely installs as a standalone object. The adware is known to commonly bundle with other potentially unwanted programs, adware, browser hijackers, malware, and malicious files. This is why the professional internet security industry and malware analysts strongly recommend to remove Happy Cloud if you find that your PC has contracted the adware.
Happy Cloud adware injects the webpages you visit with deceptive and targeted style advertisements. The advertisements displayed by this adware usually say something similar to Ads by Happy Cloud, Happy Cloud Ads, or brought by Happy Cloud on them. Happy Cloud ads are defined as ‘targeted’ advertisements because they target people based off of their current and past browsing habits. In order to generate targeted style advertisements the adware will initially need to obtain access to and collect personal browsing data, including information about all the websites you visit, the things you search for online, text you input into online text fields, your browser history, browser bookmarks, and more. The adware basically manufactures advertisements it feels you will most likely click on.
This program is often referred to as the Happy Cloud virus, but it is not technically defined as a computer virus. Even though the “Happy Cloud virus” is not actually a computer virus it is still very similar to a computer virus and is a threat to your privacy. As previously stated it can also be the sign of a severe malware infection, as well as a computer virus issue. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Happy Cloud if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension, as well as to use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files that may arrive with the adware.
Happy Cloud and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Happy Cloud is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Happy Cloud adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove Happy Cloud (Virus Removal Guide)
This comprehensive Happy Cloud removal guide will help you remove Happy Cloud virus from your PC and get rid of ads by Happy Cloud.
- Step 1: Uninstall Happy Cloud
- Step 2: Remove Happy Cloud virus with Malwarebytes
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall Happy Cloud
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Happy Cloud in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Happy Cloud to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Happy Cloud in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Happy Cloud extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Happy Cloud add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Happy Cloud extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Remove Happy Cloud virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Happy Cloud” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Happy Cloud we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Happy Cloud.[/note]
Happy Cloud virus removal tips
- If you do not find Happy Cloud in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Happy Cloud you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411