How to remove HahoMedia (Virus Removal Guide)
Remove the HahoMedia virus with the HahoMedia removal guide on this page in order to get rid of unwanted HahoMedia ads on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is HahoMedia?
HahoMedia (Haho Media, HahoMedia Player) is a free program (freeware) that often bundles with additional items that users likely voluntarily download; However, user complaints and reviews by analysts suggest that this program can get onto a computer system and attach to affected internet browser without complete user knowledge. Once installed and attached, the program will begin to generate advertisements across multiple internet browsers while the user browses the web. This is why reputable security products have this item categorized as adware.
Advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by HahoMedia are caused by potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that are introduced as browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions. They access user browsing data and use the data to specifically target users for marketing purposes, including email spam, junk mail at home, telephone calls from suspicious individuals and organizations, and of course – targeted advertisements.
Furthermore the HahoMedia virus (although not defined as a computer virus) is often introduced to a computer and affected browser alongside third-party unwanted programs and malicious software that will also need to be eradicated in order to repair unwanted activities from occurring and fix related issues.
How to remove HahoMedia (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall HahoMedia
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled HahoMedia. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove HahoMedia add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the add-on and remove it if located.