How to remove GridinSoft Anti-Malware (Removal Guide)
GridinSoft Anti-Malware is a questionable Antimalware program. The program has a small sample size and is not known to be popular. According to various comments on the web, GridinSoft Anti-Malware is a rogue security program that uses misleading tactics to force you into purchasing a subscription to their program. Other users claim that visiting their website (GridinSoft.com) can lead to a negative visitor experience due to the distribution of malware, drive by viral downloads, or spamming. It has also been concluded that the company spams forums to promote their software.
Other reports indicate that programs developed by GridinSoft fall short and “are not read for prime time.” A statement from PCMag.com says “Real-time protection disabled by default. Doesn’t scan downloads. Zero score in malicious URL blocking test. Poor score in hands-on malware blocking test. No test results from independent labs.”
We installed GridinSoft Anti-Malware to test it out and scan the executable file. The executable file was not shown as malicious by VirusTotal. Once the GridinSoft Anti-Malware program was installed it began to scan our machine without our consent.
The finished scan claimed that the system was at risk. It detected and listed 16 alleged malicious files and registry entries; However, it proceeded to list safe or “not found” registry entries as malicious. The scan also found malicious registry items that did not exist on the test machine.
When we clicked the Fix Now button we were shown that we had to purcahse a subscription to the program to actually use it. At no time did the program mention that it was only a scanner and that it costs money to use it.
Another issue we found is that websites promoting the program have published deceptive and dishonest information in order to trick you into downloading the program. These websites also do not mention that you must purcahse a subscription to the the program to use it.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware removal steps
The GridinSoft Anti-Malware removal steps on this page explain how to remove GridinSoft Anti-Malware, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer.
1. Uninstall the program
- Open Windows Start Menu by right clicking the bottom left of the task bar. *In Windows 7 and before, go to the Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Find GridinSoft Anti-Malware in the list of installed programs, select it with your mouse, and click the Uninstall button to begin the removal process.
2. Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
3. Check your computer for malicious trace files with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
4. Clean up and fix system issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.