How to remove GraphiteTerminal (Virus Removal Guide)
GraphiteTerminal (also searched for as GraphiteTerminal virus or Graphite Terminal with spaces) is an advertisement injector program and browser application which has been included in the adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP) categories of computer threats by reputable Antivirus engines and internet security programs. GraphiteTerminal is typically contracted without user authorization and knowledge. The GraphiteTerminal program can automatically install in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. Once installed, GraphiteTerminal will display several types of advertisements that usually say something similar to Ads By GraphiteTerminal or Powered By GraphiteTerminal on them.
GraphiteTerminal adware is not a program to be taken with a grain of salt. The adware can violate your privacy without your consent. It generates very intrusive pop-up and in-text styled ads which are defined as ‘targeted’ ads. Targeted style ads are a very big privacy concern because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit and your browser history) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
The “GraphiteTerminal virus” is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a very severe malware infection. In fact, our review of this adware found that it downloaded and installed alongside hundreds of malicious files and unwanted programs, which is more than most common forms of adware. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove GraphiteTerminal if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
GraphiteTerminal and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. GraphiteTerminal is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that GraphiteTerminal adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”GraphiteTerminal overview”]
- GraphiteTerminal bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- GraphiteTerminal is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- GraphiteTerminal injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- GraphiteTerminal makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove GraphiteTerminal (Virus Removal)
- Option 1: Automatically remove GraphiteTerminal virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove GraphiteTerminal
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove GraphiteTerminal virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “GraphiteTerminal” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing GraphiteTerminal we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove GraphiteTerminal
How to uninstall GraphiteTerminal
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for GraphiteTerminal in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click GraphiteTerminal to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find GraphiteTerminal in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove GraphiteTerminal below.[/note]
How to remove GraphiteTerminal add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the GraphiteTerminal extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the GraphiteTerminal add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the GraphiteTerminal extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find GraphiteTerminal in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove GraphiteTerminal below.[/note]
GraphiteTerminal virus removal tips
- If you do not find GraphiteTerminal in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing GraphiteTerminal you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: