GoPCPro is a troublesome computer optimizer program that referrers to itself as “the world’s #1 PC optimizer.” Users and malware researchers have flagged this program as potentially malicious and suggests that you avoid it at all costs. Microsoft claims that this program might put your PC at risk and will try to disable the program from installing on your machine. When this occurs on a Microsoft operating system a pop-up will appear that says “Windows protected your PC.”
GoPCPro utilizes very deceptive and dishonest marketing tactics in order to get users to install it and buy the full version after it has been installed. For example, one method I noticed is that the program will claim to be a free trial; However, once you install the GoPCPro free trial it will expire within seconds and will display multiple alarming pop-up messages on your machine. One message says “Attention Your PC Is no Longer Protected” and will attempt to persuade you to buy the full version of GoPCPro to make your computer more secure.
The program will also generate misleading scans that usually end up stating that your computer is in poor health and at risk. The GoPCPro scan will always locate hundreds of results. This is a method designed to scare users into believing their computers are in some sort of catastrophic state in order to persuade them to purchase the full version. Don’t be fooled by it.
GoPCPro has been around for quite some time. It has established a very bad online reputation and many malware research websites and vendors have openly discussed the dangers of this program. Users and victims of this program have also taken to online forums to complain about their experiences with this program that adds no benefit to your computer.
Additionally, users have complained of unwanted pop-up advertisements in their web browser after this infection has been contracted. This may be caused by third-party adware that introduces itself to your computer as a bundled package with this program. This program will bundle with malware and adware.
|Name||GoPCPro, GoPCPro virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||Gopcpro is one of the most reliable, efficient, and popular Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer Software in the word today. It has won the trust and confidence of its worldwide users over the years and hence, won multiple five star awards for being the best Registry Cleaner, PC Speed Optimizer and an ultimate solution to the various PC problems.|
|Symptoms||Pop-ups in the web browser and Windows desktop
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
Difficult to manually uninstall
Remains present after uninstall procedure
Dishonest marketing tactics
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove GoPCPro (Virus Removal Guide)
This GoPCPro removal guide will help you completely remove GoPCPro and other threats from your computer.
- Remove GoPCPro with Malwarebytes
- Remove GoPCPro with HitmanPro
- Uninstall GoPCPro from Windows
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Remove GoPCPro with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this threat is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Remove GoPCPro with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this threat is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall GoPCPro from Windows
The third step to remove this threat is to uninstall GoPCPro and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for GoPCPro Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled GoPCPro Supporting Application search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this threat is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.