GigaDiet displays pop-up ads in your browser that usually say “Ads by GigaDiet” on them. The program is recognized as adware by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware vendors. Once GigaDiet is installed it will access your browsing data such as your history, bookmarks, and activity on the webpages you visit. It will use this information to formulate specific advertisement it feels you are likely to click on.
GigaDiet adware utilizes deceptive and misleading marketing tactics in order to trick you into installing it. It may claim to be something it is not like a free media player, java update, flash player update, torrent, or other. The adware also bundles with freeware, dubious torrent download managers, and software bundlers.
Users may be given an opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install GigaDiet adware and other objects during the installation process of third-party items. However, the request to decline the adware from installing might be ignored by the download manager and the program will install without consent or knowledge.
To make matters worse, GigaDiet adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware. This means that if you find this adware installed on your computer it is likely that your computer has additional threats that should be eradicated.
|Names||GigaDiet, GigaDiet virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements and sponsored search results in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
GigaDiet Removal Options
Manual Removal Guide
These manual GigaDiet removal instructions show you how to completely remove GigaDiet and other threats from your computer. In order to eradicate this threat please follow each step in order.
GigaDiet Removal Instructions
- Step 1: Uninstall GigaDiet via Windows Control Panel
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove GigaDiet and other threats with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove GigaDiet and existing threats with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner
1. The first step to remove GigaDiet is to uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel if there is a usable uninstall entry. To uninstall GigaDiet go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (or Add and Remove Programs) and search for GigaDiet and other suspicious programs in the list. Once you have found GigaDiet, double click it to begin the uninstall process. Repeat this step for any other suspicious programs you may have found.
2. The second step to remove GigaDiet is to remove any unwanted browser add-ons and extensions that may have installed from each web browser on your computer.
|Google Chrome||Go to Customize and control Google Chrome > More Tools > Extensions|
|Mozilla Firefox||Go to Menu > Add-ons|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||Go to Tools > Manage add-ons|
|Apple Safari||Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions|
3. The third step to remove GigaDiet is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. Open Malwarebytes and click the large blue Scan Now button to begin a scan.
6. Once the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and Finish button afterwards. If Malwarebytes suggests that you restart your computer please do so.
7. The fourth step to remove GigaDiet is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using HitmanPro; a reputable second-opinion scan and removal tool.
9. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button and then click the Reboot button. *To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. The fifth step to remove GigaDiet is to clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner.
13. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
14. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
15. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.