Gems Swap (Removal Instructions)
Gems Swap is a deceptive gem-based game that is recognized as adware by various security programs. Gems Swap is usually installed by another program without disclosure. Computer users are typically unaware that Gems Swap adware has infected their machines or that this adware is the cause of advertisements in their web browsers. Once Gems Swap is installed it will inject the webpages with multiple advertisements that may seem dissociated with the adware. Gem Swap advertisements may say something like “Smart Ad” or “Brought by …” on them and they can cover legitimate banners on legitimate websites.
The distribution method of Gems Swap adware is alike other generic forms of adware. The adware typically bundles with third-party objects that are downloaded by the user with or without consent. This adware can bundle with items like freeware, shareware, and torrent files. The adware can also bundle with legitimate programs if they are distributed by a disreputable source.
Some programs that install the Gems Swap game may promote themselves as something they are not, such as a media player, media player update, flash player, flash player update, java update, or other.
Gems Swap (Removal Instructions)
These Gems Swap removal instructions show you how to remove Gems Swap, viruses, and malware from your PC and browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Manually uninstall Gems Swap and unwanted programs
- Manually remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Once installed, open Malwarebytes and click the large Scan Now button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is finished, click the Remove Selected button.
4. To complete the Malwarebytes scan and remove malicious files it detected, click the Finish button and restart your computer if you are promoted to do so by the program.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Once installed, open HitmanPro and click the Next button to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is finished, click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Manually uninstall Gems Swap and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is called: “Add and remove programs.”
3. In the list of installed programs look for a program named Gems Swap and double click it to begin the manual uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled Gems Swap, search for other unwanted programs in the list of programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Manualy remove unwanted add-ons and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.