What is GeekBuddy?
GeekBuddy (also known as COMODO Geek Buddy by Comodo Security Solutions Inc) is a deceptive potentially unwanted program (PUP) found in the adware category. It is known to cause unauthorized pop-up messages and advertisements on Microsoft Windows Desktop and across multiple internet browsers, as well as install alongside malware, malicious files, and other serious threats. GeekBuddy claims to be a legitimate and safe tool. It is promoted as freeware that can be used to track computer and internet issues (performance issues). The program also promotes chat support system.
Furthermore, potential GeekBuddy malware is known to get deep inside of a computer system and affected internet browsers. It changes computer system and browser settings, and can start processes and service every time Windows is started. In turn, aside from pop-up messages and ads, potential GeekBuddy malware can negatively affect computer and browser functionality and performance, as well as cause browser redirects to sponsored webpages.
This adware is oftentimes referred to as the GeekBuddy virus even though this potentially unwanted program is not technically defined as a computer virus. However, the adware shares many of the same characteristics as computer viruses and can bundle with, or is promoted alongside malicious programs and parasites that can cause further complications aside from pop-up messages and unwanted ads by GeekBuddy.
How to remove GeekBuddy virus
This GeekBuddy removal guide will help you remove GeekBuddy virus, potentially unwanted programs by Comodo Security Solutions Inc, malware, and get rid of pop-up messages and ads by GeekBuddy on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall GeekBuddy
- Step 4: Remove GeekBuddy browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing GeekBuddy. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall GeekBuddy (by Comodo Security Solutions Inc) using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall GeekBuddy
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for GeekBuddy (by Comodo Security Solutions Inc). Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove unwanted browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the unwanted add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.