How to remove GamingCandy (Virus Removal Guide)
GamingCandy (also searched for as GamingCandy virus or Gaming Candy) is another gaming platform, similar to Arcade Candy, with a bad online reputation. GamingCandy is detected as adware and a potentially unwanted program, or PUP, by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware type products. It is known to be deceptive and intrusive. It can violate a user’s privacy by gaining unauthorized access to a computer system it infects in order to produce advertisements based off of internet browsing data that it observes and collects, such as all browsing activities (like the stuff you search for online and input into online forms), bookmarks, and browser history.
What is GamingCandy?
GamingCandy is typically promoted as a free gaming platform where you can play and download flash style games from your computer’s desktop.
Potential GamingCandy malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari that usually say Ads by GamingCandy, brought by GamingCandy, or Powered by GamingCandy. Ads by GamingCandy are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits (hence the name ‘targeted’ advertisement).
GamingCandy adware is not technically defined as a computer virus, although it is often referred to as the GamingCandy virus. However, this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove GamingCandy if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
GamingCandy and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. GamingCandy is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that GamingCandy adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”GamingCandy overview”]
- GamingCandy bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- GamingCandy is typically bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- GamingCandy injects the webpages you view with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- GamingCandy makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks that allow it to run every time Windows starts and enable itself if disabled by the user.
How to remove GamingCandy
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Automatically remove GamingCandy virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 2: Manually remove GamingCandy
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Automatically remove GamingCandy virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “GamingCandy” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing GamingCandy we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present.[/note]
Step 2: Manually remove GamingCandy
How to uninstall GamingCandy
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for GamingCandy in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click GamingCandy to uninstall it.
How to remove GamingCandy add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the GamingCandy extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the GamingCandy add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the GamingCandy extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
GamingCandy virus removal tips
- If you do not find GamingCandy in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing GamingCandy you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411