Game On by APN, LLC is a browser extension that hijacks your internet browser settings. It changes your homepage, new tab, and search engine to search.mysearch.com. This will cause your browser to redirect to the website when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser’s address bar.
Game On primarily bundles with and is advertised alongside other potentially unwanted programs, adware, and malware. These programs may utilize unethical advertising methods in order to provoke unsuspecting users to manually install them. These advertisements may claim that Game On or a program that bundles with it is something it is not.
Game On can also enter your computer or attach to your browser without your knowledge and consent. In some cases, Game On adware will be included as a custom installation for third-party products such as freeware, download managers, and torrent files. It will automatically download in the background while you work on your computer after a third-party program or file has been introduced to your computer. Users may also be given an opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install this program.
|Name||Game On, Game On virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||With GameOn play the latest and most recent games online in your Chrome new tab|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
The Game On extension for Google Chrome has permissions allowing it to read and change all your data on the websites you visit and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
How to remove Game On (Virus Removal Guide)
This Game On removal guide will remove Game On, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer and browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Game On and unwanted programs
- Remove Game On extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Game On and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall Game On and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Game On Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Game On Supporting Application search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove Game On extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Game On extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Game On add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the Game On add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Game On extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.