There are many dubious, misleading, untrustworthy, and questionable weather programs, browser add-ons and extensions, and applications these days and Fun Weather falls along those lines. Most questionable weather applications like Fun Weather are advertisement-supported. They will produce advertisements in your web browser. They will also utilize deceptive and misleading marketing tactics in order to gain access to your computer without your knowledge. By gaining access to your computer the program can display advertisements to you in order to generate revenue. Questionable weather apps like Fun Weather can be made for free by using various free weather APIs; so these free weather applications are really just a free way for suspicious people to get money off of you. However, by doing so these programs pose a threat to your computer system and privacy. This is part of the reason as to why programs like Fun Weather are recognized as adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) by reputable Antivirus, Anti-Malware, and Internet Security programs.
Fun Weather may also collect personal details through your browsing activities. It can collect information about the websites you visit, the things you search for online, your browsing history, and your browser bookmarks. It can use this info to generate targeted style advertisements and more.
- Advertisements in the web browser
- Browser redirections to sponsored content
- Decreased internet speed and computer functionality
- Multiple start-up tasks
- Excessive email spam, junk mail at home, and telephone calls from telemarketers, robocallers, and scammers
Fun Weather may bundle with and install alongside other unwanted programs, adware, and malware. Additional threats can cause different issues with your computer system, some which can be very severe. Programs like Fun Weather are usually never alone on your computer.
In some cases Fun Weather may be presented as a free custom download during the installation and setup process of third-party freeware and dubious download managers associated with corrupt and fraudulent files, programs, and torrents. Users may be given an option to accept or decline an offer to install this program and other programs. However, the request to deny Fun Weather from installing is often ignored by the distributor and the program will install against consent. The program can also install in the background while you work on your computer once other programs have been contracted that automatically load third-party objects.
If you find Fun Weather on your computer we recommend to remove it and other programs associated with it. It is likely that your computer is infected with malware since Fun Weather is known to bundle with additional threats. In order to remove Fun Weather and badware that it bundles with completely we suggest that you scan your computer with reputable Anti-Malware software such as Malwarebytes to detect and delete this infection and other threats located on your computer.
How to remove Fun Weather
These Fun Weather removal steps will help you remove Fun Weather, viruses, and malware from your PC in order to get rid of ads by Fun Weather and stop unwanted symptoms.
- Step 1: Uninstall Fun Weather from Windows
- Step 2: Remove Fun Weather add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Fun Weather virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Fun Weather malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall Fun Weather from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall Fun Weather and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find Fun Weather installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for Fun Weather and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select Fun Weather with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled Fun Weather look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove Fun Weather add-ons and extensions
Follow the instructions to remove Fun Weather add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a Fun Weather attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove Fun Weather from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fun Weather extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Fun Weather add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fun Weather extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Fun Weather virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Fun Weather with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove Fun Weather malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Fun Weather with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.