How to remove Fun Shopper (Virus Removal Guide)
Fun Shopper (Fun Shopper virus, FunShopper) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that serves pop-up and targeted advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. Ads by Fun Shopper adware will often say “Ads by Fun Shopper” or something similar on them.
What is Fun Shopper?
Fun Shopper, alike most adware is promoted as a free web tool and utility that can help internet users find discounts and deals online. These programs may be classified as shopping assistant applications. Antivirus and Anti-Malware databases will include this particular adware in the generic.adware and plugin.adware categories. This adware can be found as a Windows program in the Control Panel or as a browser attachment. This adware platform can also utilize various unknown third-party programs and attachments to generate advertisements.
Fun Shopper serves ‘targeted’ advertisements to users while they browse the internet. This is a privacy concern because targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if it has access to user browsing data, such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is observed and used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on.
Furthermore, Fun Shopper bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Third-party programs and malware that can bundle with Fun Shopper adware will cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirections to sponsored webpages, like Jogostempo.com, decreased computer productivity, and decreased internet speed.
Fun Shopper adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if Fun Shopper is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did Fun Shopper get on my computer?
Fun Shopper adware can be automatically contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user through third-party programs and files that have remained undetected on the infected computer system. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware are usually contracted without user consent alongside freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content.
Additionally, computer and internet users who seek to download and install free programs and files online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install Fun Shopper adware and other programs during the setup and installation process. However, the request to decline Fun Shopper adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline Fun Shopper from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”Fun Shopper overview”]
- The Fun Shopper extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Fun Shopper extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Fun Shopper bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- Fun Shopper is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- Fun Shopper injects visited webpages with pop-up, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- Fun Shopper makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Fun Shopper (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Fun Shopper extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Fun Shopper from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Fun Shopper virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Fun Shopper extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fun Shopper extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Fun Shopper add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Fun Shopper extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Fun Shopper from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Fun Shopper and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Fun Shopper virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.