How to remove Full Checker (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove Full Checker (Virus Removal Guide)
Full Checker (also searched for as Full Checker virus or FullChecker virus) is detected as adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that usually downloads and installs without user consent or knowledge. The Full Checker program can automatically install in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. Full Checker is also associated with various unwanted programs and registry modifications. Once the “Full Checker virus” has been contracted users may notice unwanted pop-up ads and browser redirects when they use an affected internet browser.
What is Full Checker?
Third-party software bundlers and download managers for freeware usually promote Full Checker or programs that install it as free browser plugins that can help you find coupons and deals for the products you search for and view online.
Full Checker adware generates very intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Full Checker are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Full Checker adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Full Checker if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Full Checker get on my computer?
Full Checker and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Full Checker is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Full Checker adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Full Checker overview”]
- Full Checker bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Full Checker is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Full Checker injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Full Checker makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Full Checker virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Full Checker virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Full Checker
Option 1: Automatically remove Full Checker virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Full Checker” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Full Checker we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Full Checker.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Full Checker
How to uninstall Full Checker
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Full Checker in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Full Checker to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Full Checker in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Full Checker below.[/note]
How to remove Full Checker add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Full Checker extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Full Checker add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Full Checker extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Full Checker in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Full Checker below.[/note]
Full Checker virus removal tips
- If you do not find Full Checker in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Full Checker you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.