Botcrawl | Cyber Security, Business & Tech (Blogs & Downloads) › Forums › Security Center › Ask Tech Support › I can't stop redirecting to tabs000.online what do I do?
This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by GoodnPlenty 1 year ago.
July 20, 2016 at 12:45 am #68059
Hi I am having a problem with Google Chrome. It keeps redirecting me to tabs000.online when I start my browser. What can I do to fix this?
I have AVG installed on my computer but it did not do anything. The other day it found a trojan on my computer and removed it. I have the paid version so I did not think this would happen.July 20, 2016 at 12:59 am #68068
Welcome to the Security Center Forum,
It appears that your computer is infected with a potentially unwanted program, or PUP, that has replaced your browser settings with a tabcool search engine.
Removing this infection from your computer is not a problem.
Please follow the guide on this webpage to remove the infection from your computer and recover your previous browser settings:
If you have any questions about the removal process please feel free to reply to this thread. If the recommended software was able to remove the infection but you still fall victim to unwanted redirects please view the manual removal guides below:
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
July 20, 2016 at 1:00 am #68069
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
Thanks I will do that right now. ThanksJuly 20, 2016 at 1:20 am #68070
Thank you I just finished and everything is back to normal now. I really appreciate the help and will bookmark the website for future reference. Malwarebytes and hitman removed malware from my computer and my redirect virus is now gone. I checked the settings in Google and it’s now just a new page.