Botcrawl | Cyber Security, Business & Tech (Blogs & Downloads) › Forums › Security Center › Tutorials › How To Block The FBI Virus (Ransomware Prevention)
May 14, 2013 at 5:14 am #40434
In order to block or prevent your computer from becoming infected with the FBI virus and other forms of ransomware we have outlined a few tips. Please note, these tips are not 100% guaranteed to stop your computer from becoming infected with the FBI virus but are the most reliable solutions at current moment.
For starters, if you do not want to become infected with severe forms of computer viruses such as ransomware do not visit suspicious websites and stay away from unnecessary downloads, offers, sweepstakes, and suspicious social media links. If it’s sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
Ransomware often spreads via:
- Drive-by download websites
- Email spam
- Comment links
- Compromised social media accounts (Facebook tag-jacking scams)
- Online survey scams
- Freeware, shareware, and codecs
The best way to prevent FBI ransomware
The best way to “block” the FBI virus is to use reputable Anti-Malware software that offers real-time protection. Most free versions of software only scan and remove ransomware, but full or professional versions offer real-time protection that can block dangerous malware and trojans as they attack a computer.
Though Antivirus software such as Norton and AVG offer exceptional real-time protection, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO is the absolute best software to detect and remove the FBI virus and similar ransomware. Malwarebytes has the most active community that collects information concerning this form of malware, therefore Malarebytes always have a head start when it comes to the prevention of ransomware.
Filesystem protection and malicious website blocking
If you want to ensure that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO Real-Time Protection is enabled, run Malwarebytes and navigate to the Protection tab. If Real-Time Protection is on make sure the options “Enable filesystem protection” and “Enable malicious website blocking” circled in the image below are selected.
Removing the FBI vius with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO
The free version and full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malare can both be used to eradicate the FBI virus. Please note, the free version does not offer real-time protection.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. Open the first tab labeled “Scanner” and select the Perform full scan option. Click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect dangerous malware infecting your computer system.
4. Once the full system scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
The forum ‘Tutorials’ is closed to new topics and replies.