Floxif CCleaner Trojan
Floxif is the detection for a Trojan that bundled with hacked versions of CCleaner 5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud 1.07.3191 between August 15 and September 12. The 32-bit versions of CCleaner 5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud 1.07.3191 were modified by hackers who included the Floxif Trojan in the main CCleaner.exe executable file.
When the compromised versions of CCleaner were executed on a 32-bit system, the Trojan would transmit distinct information back to a remote server. The information transmitted by the Floxif CCleaner Trojan included the victim’s computer name, a list of software installed on the machine, a list of running processes, MAC addresses for the first three network interfaces, and unique IDs to identify each computer in part. The Floxif Trojan was also capable of downloading and installing other programs; However, there is no information suggesting that this occurred.
How was the Floxif Trojan installed?
The Floxif Trojan bundled with hacked versions of CCleaner 5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud 1.07.3191. Users who downloaded and installed CCleaner by Piriform between August 15 and September 12 on 32-bit computers may have been compromised by the Trojan.
The Floxif Trojan was included in the .exe file used to installed CCleaner. When the .exe file was executed it unleashed the Floxif Trojan.
Steps to remove Floxif Trojan
The Floxif removal instructions on this page will help you remove the Floxif Trojan that bundled with CCleaner and other malware from your PC.
1. Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
8. Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
9. Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
10. On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
11. Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
12. Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Your computer should now be free of potentially unwanted programs, malware, and other threats. If you have any issues please leave a comment in the comment section below.