How to remove FlashFree (Virus Removal Guide)
FlashFree is cross browser adware compatible with most internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. FlashFree bundles with other unwanted programs, adware, and possible malicious threats. Once FlashFree adware has been contracted it will generate pop-up and targeted advertisements that say “Ads by FlashFree.”
The FlashFree virus injects the webpages internet users visit with targeted advertisements. This is a serious concern because FlashFree adware will need to access and gather user browsing data and modify browser settings in order to have enough content to target internet users. Information this adware observes includes all browsing activities, such as information submitted into online forms (web searches, email addresses, telephone numbers, etc.), bookmarks, and browser history. This information combined will allow the adware to generate specific advertisements that are specifically designed to bait internet users into clicking them based off their current and past online habits.
FlashFree adware also bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats. This adware and the programs that it bundles with schedule new tasks and change existing system start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this adware infection can also cause additional issues for computer and internet users.
Even though the FlashFree virus is not technically defined as a computer virus the unwanted program is still a threat or the sign of a serious computer infection. Since FlashFree is known to download and install alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including adware like NiceOffers, it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions in order to stop all unwanted activities from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why the professional internet security community recommends to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove FlashFree and malicious files that it may bundle with.
Browser attachments that bundle with FlashFree and generic adware create ‘permissions’ which allow them to perform tasks internet users may find undesirable. Common permissions associated with adware infections are listed below.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
FlashFree is frequently contracted without user consent or knowledge. The adware is used to promote free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web; therefor it bundles with multiple objects. Free downloadable content that this adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and more.
Users who wish to consciously and manually install freeware may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install FlashFree adware and other objects alongside the freeware during the installation and setup process; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing is often ignored by the program or presented in a deceptive manner and the adware will install anyways.
This program and objects that it bundles with can also be promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements are usually dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove FlashFree (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall FlashFree
- Step 3: Remove FlashFree malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove FlashFree add-ons and extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall FlashFree
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for FlashFree and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove FlashFree malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.