How to remove FastFreeConverter (Virus Removal Guide)
FastFreeConverter is promoted as a freeware item used to convert media files on a Windows Operating System. However, many internet security analysts and vendors have suggested that this item is primarily used to gather user information and display advertisements; therefor it seems fitting that this program is detected as adware and a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by most reputable Anti-Malware vendors.
Once potential FastFreeConverter malware is installed a user may notice pop-up advertisements while browsing the web. These advertisements come in a variety of styles, but what is most unsettling is the fact that they target internet users by accessing and collecting user browsing data, such as a user’s complete browsing activities, bookmarks, and history. The collected information can then be used by the adware publisher for any purpose aside from targeted ads that display across multiple internet browsers. In some scenarios the collected user browsing data is shared with third-party contractors, marketing lists, and more.
If you have found potential FastFreeConverter malware installed on your computer it is highly likely that other programs are also installed and will also need to be removed to take care of this problem or other issues that may arise. This includes suspicious browser attachments; add-ons and extensions that attach to a host of internet browsers. Furthermore, browser add-ons and extensions usually have permissions preset allowing them to perform tasks that may invade the privacy of computer and internet users as well as use resources to slow the performance of a computer and interrupt internet speeds.
How to remove FastFreeConverter (Virus Removal)
This FastFreeConverter removal guide will help you remove the FastFreeConverter virus and uninstall FastFreeConverter malware from Windows in order to get rid of unwanted pop-up advertisements and browser redirects on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove FastFreeConverter and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall FastFreeConverter adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall FastFreeConverter
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for FastFreeConverter and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove FastFreeConverter add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove FastFreeConverter add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the FastFreeConverter extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the FastFreeConverter add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the FastFreeConverter add-on and remove it if located.