How to remove Faster Web (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove Faster Web (Virus Removal Guide)
Faster Web (also searched for as Faster Web virus, Faster Web Internet Accelerator, or Faster Web Browser Accelerator) is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by reputable internet security products such as Malwarebytes. Faster Web usually downloads and installs without user consent or knowledge in the background. Once the “Faster Web virus” has been contracted it will create a folder by the same name, create new Windows tasks which allow it to remain enabled and run each time Windows starts, and generate unwanted pop-up ads and browser redirects.
What is Faster Web?
Faster Web claims it was designed to tweak your system settings to get the best out of your connection. Faster Web Internet Accelerator also claims that it will optimize both your system and browser automatically.
Potential Faster Web malware and adware that it bundles with generate very intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Faster Web are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Potential Faster Web malware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this unwanted program is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Faster Web if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Faster Web get on my computer?
Faster Web and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Faster Web is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Faster Web adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
The image above shows that Faster Web bundled with a dubious torrent file.
[fancy_box title=”Faster Web overview”]
- Faster Web bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Faster Web is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Faster Web injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Faster Web makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Faster Web virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove Faster Web virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Faster Web
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call:
Option 1: Automatically remove Faster Web virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “Faster Web” removal tool
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Faster Web we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Faster Web.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Faster Web
How to uninstall Faster Web
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Faster Web in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Faster Web to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Faster Web in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Faster Web below.[/note]
How to remove Faster Web add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Faster Web extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Faster Web add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Faster Web extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Faster Web in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Faster Web below.[/note]
Faster Web virus removal tips
- If you do not find Faster Web in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Faster Web you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.