Fast-wordpress-start.com is a referrer spam URL associated with other referrer spam URLs hosted by the same owner. The referrer spam URL is designed to mix deceptive direct and referral traffic into your Google Analytics account. The referrer spammer does this in order to aggressively gain your attention and provoke you to visit the URL which currently forwards to startwp.org. Fast-wordpress-start.com referral traffic is not essentially harmful to your website and the way it appears in Google Search Results Pages, but it can ruin your website’s appropriate data measured in Google Analytics reports such as your bounce rate and duration.
Fast-wordpress-start.com referrer spam and referrer spam in general is becoming a big issue and very hot topic of discussion for many bloggers, webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data measured by Google Analytics. This is mostly because fast-wordpress-start.com referral traffic and referrer spam from other URLs can essentially ruin your website’s analytical data. The spam URLs usually land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage. This can interfere with your appropriate bounce rate and other data provided in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports.
Referrer spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Fast-wordpress-start.com referral traffic is currently utilizing ghost traffic which should have no affect on your bandwidth since the URL doesn’t technically land on your website. Ghost traffic simply targets your Google Analytics ID and mixes direct and referral traffic into your data at random.
How to block fast-wordpress-start.com referral traffic
This guide shows you how to block fast-wordpress-start.com referral traffic in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop fast-wordpress-start.com referrer spam at the campaign source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add fast-wordpress-start.com or something else you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add fast-wordpress-start.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | fast-wordpress-start.com