How to remove Fast Media Converter (Virus Removal Guide)
Fast Media Converter (also known as Fast Media Converter virus, FastMediaConverter) is the title a potentially unwanted program and adware that usually infiltrates a computer system and attaches to affected internet browsers as a browser add-on and extension without consent or knowledge of the computer user. Fast Media Converter adware remains hidden on an infected computer system and generates pop-up advertisements that say “Ads by Fast Media Converter” on them.
What is Fast Media Converter?
Fast Media Converter is an advertisement-serving program and web utility that is promoted as a free media converter for computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system. The free converter is known to serve banner, pop-up, pop-under, and in-text advertisements across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari that say something similar to “Ads by Fast Media Converter” on them. Advertisements associated with this program may also be delivered through additional adware that it bundles with.
Fast Media Converter adware is a concern because it serves ‘targeted’ advertisements to the internet user. Targeted advertisements can only be produced if the program has access to extensive user browsing data. This means that Fast Media Converter adware can access and gather user browsing data, including all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history.
Furthermore, Fast Media Converter bundles with other potentially unwanted programs, malware, and possible malicious threats. This means that in order to get rid of ads by Fast Media Converter and stop other unwanted computer symptoms it will probably be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Third-party programs and malware that can bundle with Fast Media Converter adware will cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirections to sponsored webpages, like Jogostempo.com, decreased computer productivity, and decreased internet speed.
Fast Media Converter adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if Fast Media Converter is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did Fast Media Converter get on my computer?
Fast Media Converter adware is primarily automatically contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user through third-party programs and files that hev remained undetected on the computer system. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware are usually contracted without user consent alongside freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free items online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install Fast Media Converter adware and other programs. However, the request to decline Fast Media Converter adware from installing is often presented in a very deceptive manner, which can make it confusing for a computer user. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline Fast Media Converter from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”Fast Media Converter overview”]
- Fast Media Converter extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- Fast Media Converter extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Fast Media Converter bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Fast Media Converter is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as Cnet (download.com), Softonic, and others.
- Fast Media Converter injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Fast Media Converter makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Fast Media Converter (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Fast Media Converter extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Fast Media Converter from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Fast Media Converter virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Fast Media Converter extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fast Media Converter extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Fast Media Converter add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Fast Media Converter extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Fast Media Converter from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Fast Media Converter and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Fast Media Converter virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.