Scam Warning: Your AT&T wireless bill is ready to view email spam
Be on the look out for fraudulent emails sent by cyber criminals claiming to be AT&T Customer Care, with the subject line Your AT&T wireless bill is ready to view. The email sender and email content is fake and utilized by cyber criminals in order to persuade unsuspecting victims to click dangerous links contained in the fake AT&T Customer Care email.
The email contains links that initiate the installment of malware, including spyware and Trojans, or direct the victim of the phishing attack to unwanted websites that may contain additional malware, or promote the victim click-through links in order to generate an unethical revenue stream via third party platforms and programs. Even the att.com link at the top of the fraudulent email is compromised as shown in the image below.
- The fake AT&T email may be sent an email address disused as AT&T Customer Care, but the email connected to the sender is not associated with AT&T (firstname.lastname@example.org – http://amcustomercare.att-mail.com/ is not a realstic website).
- The fake AT&T Customer Care email also contains the subject line “Your AT&T wireless bill is ready to view”.
- The fake AT&T email is sent to random email address and are even sent to non AT&T’s wireless service customers as well as existing AT&T customers.
Fake AT&T email example:
The content from the fake AT&T Customer Care email is detailed below without links as an example.
What to do if you clicked a link in the fake AT&T email
If you clicked links contained in the fraudulent AT&T Customer Care email, your computer may be infected with malware and viruses. To ensure the functionality and safety of your computer it is strongly suggested to run a full system scan with reputable software in order to detect and remove malware associated with the fake AT&T email.
2. Update Malwarebytes and run a Full System Scan by filling in the the Perform full scan radio option and clicking the Scan button.
- To view other reputable software please visit: http://botcrawl.com/antivirus-and-anti-malware-software/