Experience Component Corp is the publisher of various potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and adware type programs. Experience Component Corp programs can serve pop-up advertisements across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. Programs by the developer can also change existing internet browser settings and cause browser redirects to sponsored webpages when a new browser window is opened, a new tab is opened, or a search is performed in the address bar.
Programs published by Experience Component Corp often gain entrance to a computer system without permission or knowledge. They can automatically and install in the background. Users are often unaware that programs published by Experience Component Corp are present on their system.
|Name(s)||Experience Component Corp, Experience Component Corp virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Short Description||Experience Component Corp is promoted as a free browser utility and/or program.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Common Path||C:\Program Files|
|Removal Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
What is Experience Component Corp?
Experience Component Corp is the publisher of various potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and adware type programs.. Programs by this developer are commonly promoted by third-party distribution websites, advertisements, download managers, and software bundlers as a free browser utility or programs.
Once a Experience Component Corp program is installed it will be able to access user browsing data, schedule new tasks to run every time Windows starts, , and generate pop-up and in-text advertisements in the web browser.
- Advertisements in the web browser
- Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
- Slow and sluggish computer and internet
Experience Component Corp Removal Guide
Follow the steps in this Experience Component Corp removal guide to remove “Experience Component Corp virus,” malware, and other threats from your PC and internet browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Experience Component Corp programs
- Remove Experience Component Corp and unwanted browser add-ons
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove Experience Component Corp is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove Experience Component Corp is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Experience Component Corp programs
The third step to remove Experience Component Corp is to uninstall Experience Component Corp programs in Windows Control Panel. This publisher develops many programs. You can organize the Programs and Features window by Publisher to make it easier to find programs published by this publisher by clicking “Publisher.”
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Experience Component Corp programs in the list and double click the Experience Component Corp program to uninstall it.
4. Remove Experience Component Corp and unwanted browser add-ons
The fourth step to remove Experience Component Corp is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove Experience Component Corp is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.