How to remove ExoClick (Removal Guide)
What is ExoClick?
ExoClick is one of the largest advertising networks and platforms in the world. ExoClick can be used by advertisers and publishers. ExoClick is not adware, but some of their advertisements are questionable, potentially malicious, and not suitable for children. If you see ExoClick advertisements while browsing the web it is not because your computer is infected with adware, potentially unwanted programs, or malware.
ExoClick ads are usually implemented into websites by the website owner or webmaster. Their advertisements compete with Google AdSense advertisements and other networks. If an internet user visits a website that has ExoClick ad code inserted into it’s script users might notice generic pop-up advertisements, banners, automatic videos, in-text underlined hyperlink advertisements, video overlay ads, and more.
Although ExoClick is a legitimate advertising network that services many websites, some of ExoClick ads are found to be malicious. This is why so many internet security blogs attempt to frighten internet users into believing that the ExoClick ad network is some sort of malware or virus, often deceptively calling this platform the ExoClick virus. However, according to Google Safe Browsing exoclick.com has been flagged for the following:
“Of the 7930 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-04-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-04-08. Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s), 1 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 7 new process(es) on the target machine.”
The Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for exoclick.com also went on to say “Over the past 90 days, exoclick.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 3 site(s) including yatengotele.com/, imgarcade.com/, djmatioca.com/.”
Advertisements by ExoClick are often found on websites that have been rejected by Google AdSense and other more realistic advertising networks. This includes torrent websites, file sharing websites, illegal video streaming websites, pornography websites, and more. Google does not allow their advertisements to be displayed on these types of websites. Therefor, website owners and webmasters will seek to earn revenue through a more questionable platform that is capable with suspicious content.
ExoClick ads are not the result of adware or a computer infection, but they can still be blocked, for free. Free browser add-ons and extensions such as AdBlock and AdBlock Plus can be attached to internet browsers and used to automatically block all types of advertisements from appearing. Free browser add-ons and extensions can remove ExoClick ads entirely and also get rid of other advertisements, such as Facebook ads, banners, and more.
[frame_box] Even though free add-ons and extensions can be used to remove ExoClick ads we are going to list instructions to remove adware, malware, computer viruses, and unwanted programs just in case your computer IS infected. [/frame_box]
How to remove ExoClick (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
- Step 3: Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove unwanted extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the unwanted add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.