Remove eShield Safe Scan (Virus Removal Guide)
|Name||eShield Safe Scan, eShield Safe Scan virus, eShield Safe Scan extension|
|Permissions||Read and change all your data on the websites you visit. Manage your downloads. Open downloaded files. Control the On Start up setting.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience browser redirects.|
|Distribution Method||Chrome extensions, it’s official page, freeware, advertisements.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By eShield Safe Scan|
eShield Safe Scan is an extension compatible with Google Chrome and available for download on in the Google Chrome registrar. The eShield Safe Scan extension is not considered malicious but it may cause several issues on the computer system and the internet browser. The eShield Safe Scan extension is most likely ad-supported and/or supported by sponsored search results; it will generated unwanted advertisements in the browser and cause browser redirects to questionable webpages.
What is eShield Safe Scan?
eShield Safe Scan is available for Google Chrome, the application is promoted on its official website as a free scan and search utility for Google Chrome. Even if eShield Safe Scan does what it is supposed to do, the user can be affected because of its data collection policy and changes to existing internet browser settings.
Once the extension is added to the affected internet browser will redirect to the eShield Safe Scan search engine and other webpages when the browser opened, a new tab is opened, or a search is performed in the address or omni bar. The extension may also attempt to automatically download a program.
Collection of Non-personally Identifiable Information
→Non-personally identifiable information, which can be gathered by User’s use of eShield Safe Scan (“Non-personal Information”). The actual identity of the User, from which the Non-personal Information is collected, is not known. Non-personal Information consists of technical information and aggregated usage information, and may contain, among other things, the User’s activity on eShield Safe Scan, User’s operating system (…).
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information:
→Personally identifiable information is information that identifies an individual User, and may or may not be private or sensitive (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may consist of the User’s IP address or other persistent User identifier, which is unique to your device and assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and used primarily to improve the User’s experience and for geographic personalization and security purposes (…).
If such details are obtained by or sold to a third party, the user may be endangered in several ways:
- Banking and credit card information may be accessible to hackers.
- Third party tracking technology may be applied to his browser.
- Excessive email spam, telephone calls from telemarketers and scam artists, and junk mail at home.
Furthermore, ad-supported software is known to:
- Generate intrusive or suspicious ads that redirect to predefined or compromised websites.
- Promote unwanted programs, malware, and rogue products that affect the system’s performance by altering the Registry, Scheduler, and other existing settings.
eShield Safe Scan Removal Options
eShield Safe Scan can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove eShield Safe Scan and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall eShield Safe Scan from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall eShield Safe Scan and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find eShield Safe Scan installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for eShield Safe Scan in the list of installed programs and double click it to uninstall it. You can also select eShield Safe Scan with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled eShield Safe Scan look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove eShield Safe Scan add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a eShield Safe Scan attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove eShield Safe Scan from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the eShield Safe Scan extension in the list and click the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the eShield Safe Scan add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the eShield Safe Scan extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove eShield Safe Scan with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove eShield Safe Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download Malwarebytes
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove eShield Safe Scan with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove eShield Safe Scan with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.Download CCleaner
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.