Easy Radio Access
Easy Radio Access by SaferBrowser is a deceptive browser extension that claims to be a simple radio application for your browser. However, the Easy Radio Access extension his very intrusive. It has unnecessary permissions allowing it to perform certain tasks that can put users at risk and simply annoy them with irrelevant symptoms.
Once the Easy Radio Access extension is installed it will change your homepage, new tab page, and search engine to search.easyradioaccess.com. This will cause your browser to redirect to search.easyradioaccess.com when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web via the browser’s address bar.
There are many ways to stream radio online for free and the Easy Radio Access extension is not one of them. This extension is not even a radio. It simply redirects you to a sponsored search engine that contains a toolbar with links to third-party radio type websites.
|Name||Easy Radio Access, Easy Radio Access virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||Access your radio account with just one click!|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to search.easyradioaccess.com and sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Easy Radio Access (Virus Removal Guide)
This Easy Radio Access removal guide will remove Easy Radio Access, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer and browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Easy Radio Access and unwanted programs
- Remove Easy Radio Access extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Easy Radio Access and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall Easy Radio Access and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Easy Radio Access Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Easy Radio Access Supporting Application search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove Easy Radio Access extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Easy Radio Access extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Easy Radio Access add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the Easy Radio Access add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Easy Radio Access extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.