Easy Current News Access Removal Instructions
Easy Current News Access
Easy Current News Access adware utilizes various Windows programs and browser extensions to generate pop-up ads in your web browser and change your existing browser settings.
Once installed, the program and extension will deliver advertisements to your web browser that usually say “Ads by Easy Current News Access” on them. Easy Current News Access ads can appear when you hover your mouse over an image, when you hover your mouse over hyperlinked text, or at random times. The ads this adware generates can also cover legitimate advertisements on the websites you visit with generic banner and skyscraper ads.
The infection will also modify your existing browser settings. It will change your homepage, default search engine, and new tab page. It will replace it with a sponsored search engine that displays results that the developer can generate revenue from. When this occurs your browser will start-up on and redirect to sponsored websites that may appear to mimic legitimate and safe search engines.
If you find Easy Current News Access on your computer is is likely that additional malware and unwanted programs have also been introduced. Like most adware, Easy Current News Access is known to bundle with and install alongside other unwanted programs, adware, and potential threats. A simple scan with a reputable removal tool like Malwarebytes can conclude this finding.
|Names||Easy Current News Access, Easy Current News Access virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements and sponsored search results in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
Easy Current News Access Removal Options
Manual Removal Guide
These Easy Current News Access removal instructions will help you completely remove Easy Current News Access and other threats from your computer. In order to eradicate this threat please follow each step in order.
Easy Current News Access Removal Instructions
- Step 1: Uninstall Easy Current News Access via Windows Control Panel
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Easy Current News Access and other threats with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Easy Current News Access and existing threats with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner
1. The first step to remove Easy Current News Access is to uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel if there is a usable uninstall entry. To uninstall Easy Current News Access go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (or Add and Remove Programs) and search for Easy Current News Access and other suspicious programs in the list. Once you have found Easy Current News Access, double click it to begin the uninstall process. Repeat this step for any other suspicious programs you may have found.
2. The second step to remove Easy Current News Access is to remove any unwanted browser add-ons and extensions that may have installed from each web browser on your computer.
|Google Chrome||Go to Customize and control Google Chrome > More Tools > Extensions|
|Mozilla Firefox||Go to Menu > Add-ons|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||Go to Tools > Manage add-ons|
|Apple Safari||Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions|
3. The third step to remove Easy Current News Access is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. Open Malwarebytes and click the large blue Scan Now button to begin a scan.
6. Once the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and Finish button afterwards. If Malwarebytes suggests that you restart your computer please do so.
7. The fourth step to remove Easy Current News Access is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using HitmanPro; a reputable second-opinion scan and removal tool.
9. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button and then click the Reboot button. *To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. The fifth step to remove Easy Current News Access is to clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner.
13. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
14. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
15. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.