How to remove EarnSale (Virus Removal Guide)
EarnSale is adware that delivers targeted advertisements on the websites you visit. The EarnSale program and browser add-ons and extensions that it installs with are known to access and collect user browsing data. The collect data is used to serve targeted advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is EarnSale?
Publisher Description: N/A
- EarnSale bundles with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
- EarnSale can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- EarnSale can read and change your browsing history.
- EarnSale can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- EarnSale can manage your downloads.
How does EarnSale get on a computer?
The EarnSale extension can be contracted alongside downloadable content, such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. In many cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install this program; However, the offer to decline the program from installing is often ignored or presented in a deceptive manner.
How to remove EarnSale
- Step 1: Remove EarnSale browser attachments
- Step 2: Uninstall unwanted programs
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove EarnSale browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the EarnSale extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the EarnSale add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the EarnSale add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.
Step 2: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.